Notifications
Clear all

What does TCA CROSS look like after treatment?

MemberMember
(@glimfeather)

Posted : 12/14/2017 8:52 am

I have been considering TCA CROSS for a few icepick scars and one fairly wide boxcar scar that I have. I've been looking all over the internet trying to find some good examples of what I can expect my face to look like for the weeks following the treatment but I can't really find much documentation of what it will look like (btw I am a one on the fitzpatrick scale). Does anyone have a few good pictures or video of what this will look like?

I was going to see a plastic surgeon to have it applied, but I am a bit apprehensive about any risks. As far as I can tell it seems like a fairly safe procedure, but I was just hoping for some reassurance on here...

Also, I was wondering how the boxcar scar would be treated. If it is wide, long and shallow could TCA be used or would they use subcision on it?

Thanks!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/14/2017 10:57 am

White frost on ice pick,within 2-3 days it scabs,after 5-7 days after application scab falls off then its red for weeks,could be 2 weeks upwards as it heals.

it works,some scars are more stubborn and some respond well.done correctly the scar can sort if widen but not too much but the scar pit bottom rises up,so in the end we want to create a more level plain to just do a bit if resurfacing work to smooth it off.

boxcar i cant talk for but i am currently peeling from a very strong spot peel on a boxcar/rolling scar type.tca cross wont work on rolling scars as the scar is too deep so the tether point is deeper.
:)

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 12/20/2017 4:38 am

Oftentimes with TCA Cross they will look worse before they look better. It is not uncommon for them to appear deeper and wider after a procedure, but if done correctly, they should raise up over the coming weeks.