Notifications
Clear all

Hyperpigmentation everywhere (pics)

MemberMember
(@rd123)

Posted : 12/13/2017 2:07 pm

Please help. Im on my second month of Accutane and I dont really have any active acne, but red marks everywhere. When will these start to fade and how can I speed up the process?

MemberMember
(@jacob-a)

Posted : 12/14/2017 10:07 am

Depends.... Id say 3-4 months ish for your skin though.

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 12/15/2017 1:24 pm

A few months. Your lips look bad, is it because of accutane?

MemberMember
(@honeyginseng)

Posted : 12/15/2017 3:42 pm

MOISTURIZE! Your skin won't heal as quickly if it isn't adequately moisturized. I remember my skin being EXTREMELY dry on Accutane, so you NEED to moisturize.

I had two courses of Accutane a while ago so I don't quite remember all the restrictions. But apply sunscreen every. single. day. People should be doing that anyways, because the sun is extremely harsh on our skin and causes premature aging. And on accutane, that's even more important.

I use rosehip oil, which absorbs quickly into (oily) skin, and lubricates my skin so it isn't dry and cracking (I have really oily skin that's dehydrated underneath).
Vitamin C serums are also super effective for scars, but I'm not sure if you're able to use that while on Accutane. It can sting a little bit depending on the strength of Vitamin C that you get. You'll want to start with the lowest concentration first (if you're allowed to use it while on Accutane- ask your dermatologist). L-Ascorbic acid is the most stable form of Vitamin C but is also the most powerful/ can be harsh.

MemberMember
(@flyingsession)

Posted : 12/26/2017 6:12 am

Hi there guys I was just wondering if someone could tell me what severity of acne I have. I have had acne since I was about 12-13 much worse than it is now. Currently I use epiduo every night with aveeno moisturiser afterwards and I use a black pore mask once a week. However despite this I continue to suffer with large red pimples under the skin that are painful and take a long time to go away. Does anyone have any tips to help get rid of these because they make me extremely unhappy and make me not want to show my face at times. Thanks a lot any help would be appreciated.