Notifications
Clear all

Acne Advice

MemberMember
(@primalrandom)

Posted : 12/12/2017 6:24 pm

I'm a 16 year old white boy with moderate acne. It is mostly just red scars/hyper pigmentation from previous pimples with blackheads on forehead, nose, chin, but new pimples always just come and disappear causing more hyper pigmentation once I clear them. I don't even enjoy going out with friends or to school anymore because of my acne and have religiously spent my time trying to clear my face and researching more. I recently found out that I might be over washing my face and stripping all essential oils which might be why I always get new pimples forming, but they tend to be small and go away in few days ( but always leave red marks). Live in Canada and see snow and this is usually when my skins tends to be more dry.
I have combination skin as it feels dry in some areas ( probs because of over washing) but it looks a little oily, especially my nose and forehead, but my skin sometimes feels tight. I am wondering if my routine is too much or if I should continue with it, as I switch around my regime quite often. This is my current routine which I JUST started using and it's all new products.
in the morning before school I splash face with cool water. When I come back I wash it with 2% salycilic acid Biore blemish fighting ice cleanser then use a 2:2 Apple cider vinegar toner with some tea tree oil drops a ( I just switched over from thayers rose pedal witch hazel that I have been using for a few weeks because I always read ACV is good for fighting acne) I then use the clear philosophy %1 salycilic acid moisturizer. Then use the clean and clear 2% salycilic acid spot treatment only on pimples. Before bed I use Biore Deep pore charcoal face wash, then same toner. After I use Aloe Vera Gel, let it sink in then use a AHA moisturizer and go to sleep.
On mon , Thursday, sat, I use Mario Badescu Glycolic acid foaming cleanser before bed after the biore charcoal wash.
on Tuesday, Friday I use the Aztec Indian healing clay with some tea tree oil all over face for 20 mins ish ( sometimes more)
I drink a good amount of water every day, I barely see sun (especially cuz it's Canada winter) I do not get a good amount of sleep every night which I am trying to change
I'm wondering if this would be a good routine to use every day or if I should change stuff up, I just really wish to clear up my skin. I just bought these products so I'm not sure about results yet, but my skin tends to be good with lots of chemicals on my face. Since i just bought these products ,I'm hoping someone could help tailor this routine so I don't destroy my skin with these products just to find out a better routine later on.
thank you for taking the time to read my essay asking for help lol
Edit * I also wash face for like 2 mins and I just read that this may be too long,bad and irritating for skin, is this true?

MemberMember
(@fcntcsy)

Posted : 12/12/2017 11:28 pm

I have a similar problem. I had always had clear skin up until this past September, when I began to get pimples on my cheeks that would leave hyperpigmentation for months and take forever to heal. Do you have any stomach problems? I believe that could be the root of mine. Dietary changes such as removing dairy, sugar, etc. can help improve the skin while you get to the root of the problem. Though I still haven't fully resolved my own acne myself, I do reccomend trying to get to the root cause of yours. Hormonal imbalance could be another possible cause at your age. And yes, washing for 2 minutes may over irritate your skin. If you're seeing good results with your current routine then continue, but if not, maybe cut out 2 products and stick to that for a few weeks. Going with more natural products that can't damage your skin will do you good. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@depressedwithmyface)

Posted : 12/12/2017 11:59 pm

I too have the same problem. I do not get many breakouts only 2 or 3 pimples a week but the spot lingers on for forever. Hyperpigmentation is my problem.
This type of problem is related to diet( at least i think it is) because whenever i eat a lot of sweet food , i surely get two or three pimples. Trying to control eating sugar but at times i cant resist.
But this acne will go away with time stay positive and hang on there.

MemberMember
(@pixatedbay)

Posted : 12/13/2017 1:59 am

I have the same problem with Depressedwithmyface. This week, I had a breakout but in weird places-- in my inner eyelid, on my nostrils and ears. You just can never tell when and where they would appear next.