Notifications
Clear all

Should I use retina a Please help!!

MemberMember
(@hurricane_mike)

Posted : 12/09/2017 6:42 pm

What™s up ppl. I™ve been procrastinating hard about using retina a again I™ve tried  all strengthens and have tried it on multiple occasions. Till recently I actually stuck with it for about 4-6 weeks my acne got way worst as well as the red marks my skin got really light sensitive and was constantly buring/red and oily. To make a long story short all my acne leaves red marks and retina a for sure broke me out how am I suppose to treat my acne if all it™s gunna Do is give me more acne and more red marks. I can™t take my skin staying as bad as it is or even worse please help me

0C0583E4-FF1C-4487-9878-6CEEE6A0457D.jpeg

5AB62BBE-912D-4367-9A35-40FBE2F24639.jpeg

A60DD628-194D-4086-8BE9-D30A7A475C1B.jpeg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/09/2017 7:22 pm

I say it time and time again,first i would eliminate your acne or as much as possible first.if you are not on it i suggest oral anti biotic from dr.clear that up and you get rid of the cause of the red,the inflammation.you are scarring and this is the cause of it,get rid of the active stuff and eliminate the inflammation and you dont have to worry about the erythma.

what are you currently doing to treat your acne?
:)

MemberMember
(@hurricane_mike)

Posted : 12/09/2017 7:33 pm

10 minutes ago, Quadboy said:

I say it time and time again,first i would eliminate your acne or as much as possible first.if you are not on it i suggest oral anti biotic from dr.clear that up and you get rid of the cause of the red,the inflammation.you are scarring and this is the cause of it,get rid of the active stuff and eliminate the inflammation and you dont have to worry about the erythma.

That™s the thing nothing working!! Retina a makes it worse so that™s out. About a year ago my acne and marks weren™t so bad, I had some but nothing like now and I have no clue what I™m doing differently I ate mostly Whole Foods and was a high carb diet. I also took antibiotics at some point between that time so it™s possible that could™ve helped but I was on antibiotics for 7 months and I know that™s horrible for your gut health etc... so I stopped For over 9 months now I™ve had worse acne I truly have no clue what to do or how to cure it what should I do. P.s as of now I just use cetephill gentle hydrating cleanser

MemberMember
(@pimple-pimp)

Posted : 12/09/2017 8:29 pm

why not accutane?

1 hour ago, Quadboy said:

u seem to love antibiotics. well look at the reviews for all oral antibiotics on this site u will notice a theme FOR EVERY SINGLE ONE;

they only work temporarily and lose effectiveness over time
acne comes back worse
most common side effect is malfunction of digestion/elimination and even developing food sensitivity

this has been my experience. i would argue low dose isotretinoin is safer long term than antibiotics

MemberMember
(@hurricane_mike)

Posted : 12/10/2017 12:09 pm

15 hours ago, pimple pimp said:

why not accutane?

u seem to love antibiotics. well look at the reviews for all oral antibiotics on this site u will notice a theme FOR EVERY SINGLE ONE;

they only work temporarily and lose effectiveness over time
acne comes back worse
most common side effect is malfunction of digestion/elimination and even developing food sensitivity

this has been my experience. i would argue low dose isotretinoin is safer long term than antibiotics

I definitely suffer from digestive/food sensitivitys and I believe thats the root cause of my acne now. My acne isnt severe although the marks are all over from previous acne. I do Coutinho to get new pimples just not by the boat load. Im very skeptical about accurate as Ive had serious side effects where I was placed in the hospital about to have multiple swollen lymph nodes cut out my neck. I wanna fix my gut and go the natural route but this is all so hard and unpredictable I just want clear skin FML!!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/10/2017 1:01 pm

anti biotics should be the first thing to do regardless whether its a topical anti biotic or an oral one.too many people buy otc face creams and they dont work for most,peoples reviews are just sceptic as people always think their diet is causing their acne,they take the anti biotics,they clear up,they stop and the acne cones back and they blame it on their diet again,so just heresay.

MemberMember
(@hurricane_mike)

Posted : 12/10/2017 6:36 pm

5 hours ago, Quadboy said:

anti biotics should be the first thing to do regardless whether its a topical anti biotic or an oral one.too many people buy otc face creams and they dont work for most,peoples reviews are just sceptic as people always think their diet is causing their acne,they take the anti biotics,they clear up,they stop and the acne cones back and they blame it on their diet again,so just heresay.

Quadguy I understand where your coming from. But from personal/others experiences antibiotics seem to be a temporary fix with outweighing side effects...such as digestive problems/immunity suppression. It™s not that I™m against them I just see more harm then good. If there™s a way of countering these side effects such as maybe taking probiotics alongside treatment then it™s something to consider. Thoughts?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/10/2017 8:06 pm

I have never tried probiotics and my tube of finacea sits in my kitchen draw hardly used.i currently take lymecycline and at the moment it is working so i can only speak from experience.

topicals people post about galore and it still dont work for most,same with diet,dairy,exercise,you name it and we have it here day after day.

i just read too many where people go straight to otc stuff and it dont help them,like money down the drain.

realy prescription anti biotic should be the first thing an acne sufferer should do first.

acne seems to be this mystical thing that most will never be rid of regardless.