Notifications
Clear all

Thinning of skin from Accutane Permanent?

MemberMember
(@batman2222)

Posted : 12/08/2017 4:21 pm

I've read so many articles talking about the thinned skin that occurs while taking Accutane.

I've read from many that the skin returns to normal... but have read horror stories of that not being the case.

What are your thoughts or experiences on this? (of Accutane temporarily or permanently thinning skin.)

P.S. I am planning to go on accutane, hopefully low dose, for my random breakouts on the chin and around lips.

I always get them randomly... just curious, but could poor oral hygeine cause this... please don't judge me.

MemberMember
(@99f)

Posted : 12/08/2017 7:10 pm

Reading about side effects of accutane will only freak you out. In the online acne world there is a lot of discussion, some success stories, some horror stories, but in the end you just spin your wheels and still have acne.

Accutane will clear your acne but it is expected to come back within a few years. Whether the side effects are justified is a decision only you can make. I was in enough pain to want to go on it but once it came back I realized I had to treat the root cause.

MemberMember
(@batman2222)

Posted : 12/08/2017 10:29 pm

3 hours ago, 99f said:

Reading about side effects of accutane will only freak you out. In the online acne world there is a lot of discussion, some success stories, some horror stories, but in the end you just spin your wheels and still have acne.

Accutane will clear your acne but it is expected to come back within a few years. Whether the side effects are justified is a decision only you can make. I was in enough pain to want to go on it but once it came back I realized I had to treat the root cause.

what was the root cause? Candida?

Did your thin skin and if so was it permanent?

MemberMember
(@batman2222)

Posted : 12/09/2017 2:50 am

bump

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 12/09/2017 3:08 am

NO I don't think skin thinning from Accutane is permanent, it will get better with time

MemberMember
(@pimple-pimp)

Posted : 12/09/2017 8:03 pm

most horror stories are from long term high doses. long term doses of less than 20 mg are safe according to the science and just as effective.
once i get my prescription i'll be starting a log to test this myself. with bloodwork included.

MemberMember
(@99f)

Posted : 12/10/2017 7:49 pm

For me it was demodex