Notifications
Clear all

WTF IS THIS SHIT

MemberMember
(@katie304)

Posted : 12/07/2017 2:42 pm

Ok so at first I had a pimple there then I started picking at it and then it formed a scab . I picked the scab off too. How do I cover this up ? Or at least reduce redness

E5FFCA3B-663B-4B82-AD96-BD4C9584393E.jpeg

MemberMember
(@99f)

Posted : 12/07/2017 6:05 pm

Picking scabs is the expressway to scarring.. I'd use usual makeup to keep it covered, you can apply visine eye drops as well. Once it heals there may be a scar there. Mederma and bio oil will fade it away. Judging by your pic you have great skin. Don't pick these things next time.

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 12/08/2017 8:17 pm

Youll be fine. Just dont pick it anymore...hard, I know. Stay home this weekend, slather on the Polysporin and cover it with a bandaid if it will keep you from picking again. Been there, done that...many, many, many times.

MemberMember
(@srht)

Posted : 12/09/2017 2:16 am

Don't ever pick a scab. You might feel like pickingwill make it heal better and faster but you're wrong. You're literally disrupting the new skin that's forming... I've learnt this the hard way so don't make the same mistake :).

I know it's hard but trust me it'll form a scar because your taking the skin away. Apply some SudoCrem on the scaror if you've picked it, to help it heal better. But you lookyoung so your skin will healfaster than most adults.

SudoCrem will also reduce the redness in a few hours. Finally some Vaseline to seal everything and protect it frombacteria & exposure.

MemberMember
(@hollyh)

Posted : 12/09/2017 6:48 am

Obviously all the 'don't pick it next time' advice here is solid, but we all know that's easier said than done  If picking's a big problem for you and you have the budget for it, acrylic nails are a godsend.

I'm a big bad picker and always end up with one or two cysts that end up in the same state as your picked pimple scab. If it's open, tear off a small piece of tissue (big enough to cover the area, but small enough that it sticks without falling off) after washing your face. Moisturise around this, get ready etc while it's still on. Once it's dry, you're ready to do make up. I don't know how much make up you wear, but I prime around my tissue covered spots, before taking the tissue off and checking how well my foundation sticks to it, if at all. I'll usually then try a light dusting of opaque powder or powder foundation (Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation is my favourite for this) which I'll apply very gently with a buffing brush. I can then build this up if necessary, and will take make up to touch it up with throughout the day. Always clean your hands, clean your brushes etc. Obviously it's not the wisest solution long term to be filling open acne with make up but yeah, we do what we can