Notifications
Clear all

Little improvement with Infini. What should I do next?

MemberMember
(@rila)

Posted : 12/06/2017 2:20 pm

I have suffered from acnes for a long time and left with so much scarring. Given my Asian skin type, I didn't want to try laser due to the possible side effects. Therefore, I opted to try Infini RF Microneedling for 4 sessions over the course of a year because it was hard to take time off every 6-8 weeks. However, I only see little improvement (if any...) I think spreading out the treatments will not affect the results as Infini is supposed to help with collagen production for up to 6 months to 1 year. I have mixed scars and don't know what treatments I should try next...  Too scared to try TCA peel/ cross at home even after reading the FAQ (again, Asian skin type...). Would I be a good candidates for TCA peel/ cross? Please help!
IMG_1557.JPGIMG_1573.JPGIMG_1575.JPGIMG_1576.JPG

I live in the Bay Area and there are not a lot of doctors to offer TCA peel/ cross and/or subcision... I read some forums here but feel like SoCal have more options and no one seem have to have found a good doctor who performs a wide range of treatments here. Can anyone recommend a good doctor in the Bay Area? I went to Dr. Ransom for Infini. He's nice and doesn't seem to be interested in checking the progress and just performs the procedure... don't really feel like going back to him. But, someone said he does offer TCA cross... Also wonder if I should try 2 more Infini for a total of 6 sessions to see the difference... Right now considering if I should give Dr. Emer a visit even though he's expensive. Does anyone know what is the price difference btw Dr. Emer in Beverly Hills and Dr. Rullan in SD? Getting time off is also a problem :( Thanks!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/06/2017 3:00 pm

You mainly got shallow small boxcar and ice picks,looks like all of them are candidates for tca cross.

probably the reason for not seeing much improvement might be because the scars are all very shallow and infini works better for more deficient scarring.

idea with cross is to either eradicate the scar or change it into a small rolling type,bring it more level yo surface.then treat the whole area or face with tca peel at high strength to smoothen everything off.
:)

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/06/2017 5:09 pm

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/07/2017 12:38 pm

@rilaRead this link, you have similar skin types, and she is also in the bay area, just posted as well about looking for the same treatments.

https://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/374150-anybody-did-tca-cross-with-dr-rullan/

MemberMember
(@rila)

Posted : 12/07/2017 2:31 pm

So I should try TCA peel or laser for the shallow scars? What strength of TCA peel would be ideal? Still kind of scared due to my Asian skin typeso considering to have it done professionally.... There're many options for lasers, I've read that Erbium is good for ethnic skin? 

I think Infini did help a little. First pic was before Infini treatments and second one is after 4 Infini. The "before" pic quality isn't that good. Dr. Emer suggested Intensif over Infini on RealSelf but most doctors prefer Infini because of the insulated needles so I'm not sure...

userimage-1771130.jpgIMG_1575.JPG

MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 12/07/2017 2:55 pm

Hey there! Although the lighting is different, there is a noticeable difference, especially in the long trailing scars. It is known that Infini is not very good for treating icepicks, so TCA cross would be best there. The remaining boxcars could be surface oriented and that is where lasers or full-face peels come in. Things DEFINITELY look shallower. By the way I saw your realself post while researching infini :) 

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/07/2017 3:00 pm

" I think Infini did help a little. "

There seems to be a SIGNIFICANT difference!

MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 12/07/2017 3:05 pm

especially if you find the realself post, it is SUPER noticeable. Everything seems to have filled in a lot. Infini alone cannot do everything. You are at the perfect place to start surface treatments!!

userimage-1771129.JPG 

this is the other side!! compare it to the pics posted at the top. It's really great. Plus on the post, Davin Lim says to expect 30-50% from inifni, then to target remaining scars in different ways. I would say the improvement falls within those percentages

MemberMember
(@rila)

Posted : 12/07/2017 3:17 pm

Thank you guys for the encouragement ^_^ Maybe I look at my face everyday and hope to see more difference so didn't think there was much improvement... Should I continue to do Infini or try laser/ TCA peel/ subcision now that the scars are shallower? Can't really decide... I feel like the smaller scars don't work well with Infini... Thanks again! 

MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 12/07/2017 3:30 pm

The narrow but deep-looking indents will respond beautifully to TCA cross, but due to your skintone you should be careful with this (using skin-lightening creams before and after to protect against hyper pigmentation.) It will take a few treatments of this. Laser/peels or other resurfacing techniques would be good now because most of the under-the-skin scarring has already been dealt with by infini

There is a chance that some of the scars may need subcision but it is hard to tell from the pics.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/07/2017 8:17 pm

This is the problem,we didnt see your skin before treatment in correct light which highlights all the scarring,all we see now is what is at skin level.like petsme pointed out maybe the under skin scarring which is usualy a slight undulation or shadow is what is being dealt with,this is what you should be monitoring,overhead light,mirror and tilt the mirror and look round your face and look for the imperfections,you see the changes in the imperfections you see your skin is responding and healing to the treatment.
:)

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/07/2017 9:35 pm

MemberMember
(@raster)

Posted : 12/07/2017 9:45 pm

Those little icepicks? They most likely ARE filling up, but you probably don't notice it because they are quite deep. It's like filling a 10 foot deep ditch. Each procedure adds 1 feet worth of soil to the ditch (collagen). So after 4 procedures, it's now 6 feet deep, but still noticeable because, hey, it's a ditch. TCA Cross is a better procedure for these icepicks, then once they're really shallow, then another round or 2 of Infini.