Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yesac

The do nothing Regimen

hello everyone, this is officially my first post but i've been visiting this site for the past year or so. as u might have guessed i suffer from acne and as u are, im searching for something that works for myself. from my past experiences ive learned that everything i use makes my skin dry which im pretty sure aggrevates my acne and makes it worse. the past couple of months ive been cutting down on a lot of the things ive been using.. ive recently just been cleansing my face twice a day with cetaphil cleanser.. this is suppose to be gentle but it still dries my face. i've read a few posts about people who tried just doing nothing, throwing out the soap and letting nature run its course, and these people were successful in their regimens. i am a little skeptical but i think im going to give it a shot. people who tried this got initial break outs for the first 2 weeks or so, so this could potentially ruin a few months of my senior year but im going to give it a shot. my acne right now is moderate i would say, a few red pimples/white heads/blackheads on my upper lip(mostache area), a few on my chin area and my nose is covered with black heads and is really oily (every pore seems to be clogged). thats all im writing for tonight, im pretty tired and i have school tomorrow, ill update tomorrow and ill try to update everyday there after. tell me what you think.. any suggestions would be useful but please don't be mean biggrin.gif

Actually , for those with dry skin it is best to not wash your face every day. Your skin needs all the oils it creates

very brave of you, man. awesome.

im going on accutane soon and the scariest thing is that i will be unable to use topicals cos of how fragile your skin gets, right? so i have no idea what its gonna look like. you know, if im broken out iwth t he topical anti biotics then whats gonna be the story without the topicals... wierd travelling into the unknowen...

my one comfort is being female (tho not so much around a certain time of the month) and the ability to wear makeup!! but i feel so counterfit with it.

luck...

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=28639 AlexAlmighty is who i orginally got this idea from and some of his ways of thinking are pretty much the same way i see things. i just thought i would post that link so you can take a look how he did this and to show you what im going to try to do. So anyways, last night i took a shower, only letting the cold water run on my face for about 20 to 30 seconds. Today i woke up and my face was really oily as it usually is but i had no new pimples from what i could see in the mirror. i went to school without washing my face and it wasnt that bad at all. Even with my face being oily and disgusting i was able to talk to everyone without worrying about what they were thinking or anything like that. So i just got home from school a little bit ago and im pretty suprised at what i see. besides my nose being extremely oily and disgusting looking, i dont think i got any new pimples, just one of my white heads on my upper lip got a little bit bigger but i think thats because it is trying to heal on its own. overall my skin looks a lot better too, besides the fact its a little bit oily. i dont plan on washing my face today, im going to try to make it 48 hours without touching my face with any water just to let it heal itself from all cleansers and topicals i've used in the past. im hoping this is going to work because i really hate acne cry.gif if anyone out there wants to try this with me.. that would be really cool. if u read AlexAlmighty's posts about this topic u might feel this could end up working for u, who knows. if u want to wait for my results, thats cool too lol.gif im just hoping i can clear my face up before i go to college next semester.. i can care less about my senior year, i wont see any of these kids ever again most likely, except my good friends. u know how it is. ill keep updating this and if u have any questions at all, feel free to ask.. thanks to those who posted already, i really appriciate ur kindness. cya cool.gif P.S. if u have any tips for shaving or what products to use, please post them. in the past ive been shaving with normal shaving cream and a gillette 3 blade razor.. im not to sure if i should keep using shaving cream or what exactly i should do since im trying to put nothing on my face but water.. also do u think shaving aggrevates acne, im sure it probably does, anyways thanks for the help and support

yesac is awesome... wink.gif

and hapa chik has the best id pic EVER.

& keep up posting, all. and if noone else is replying, post some more! u know atleast one person will benefit!

Alright so today i woke up and didnt wash my face. it was an oily mess but once again i didnt really see anything new, no new pimples or anything just my old ones healing. i went to school and mid day around 1 or so i had to go swimming which is what i have for gym at the moment. some pool water was splashed on my face ocasionaly and in my shower after the swim some water got on my face but i purpsoly tried to avoid doing so. i just checked my face in the mirror and it seems like my pimples are slowly healing. my white heads are scabbing up and i guess going away on their own. the oil on my nose is pretty bad but i am confident that that will go away after a few more days or weeks. so far so good, im happy with the results thus far. tonight im planning on shaving.. but i'm not to sure what im going to do about my moustache, it looks stupid because i dont have much hair there but i dont really want to shave it and irritate my upper lip.. ill figure it out when i do it i guess. after i shave i'll shower and only use cold water on my face. we'll see what happens tomorrow, cya. P.s. hapa chick, thank you and i'll keep this updated. forum thanks for caring wink.gif

sorry guys, i've been busy doing a bunch of shit. (college apps, christmas shopping, homework etc etc.) from what i see my face has improved but i'll be more specific next time i post. when i get some time i'll give u a nice detailed post about my results so far.

hey man yea im really interested to see how this goes for you because i also get really dry skin...i have mild acne around my chin and cheeks(i swear shaving has something to do with this) and on my forehead... ive tried using the regimen but i really dont like havin all that goop on my face and didnt get any results and now as my face gets so dry from cleansing i just splash my face with cold water in the morning and use clean and clear contiunuos cleanser at night and add nutrogena oil free moisturizer...i really just wanna scrap using all the crap together pending on your results

i talked to my dermatologist about this, and he suggested this product, which is made by a dermatologist for people with problem skin: www.smartshave.com

i like the shaving cream a lot. my doc said it has anti-bacterial ingredients in it (no BP though) which stops new acne from forming.

good luck - interested to hear how your regimen works out!

P.S. if u have any tips for shaving or what products to use, please post them. in the past ive been shaving with normal shaving cream and a gillette 3 blade razor.. im not to sure if i should keep using shaving cream or what exactly i should do since im trying to put nothing on my face but water.. also do u think shaving aggrevates acne, im sure it probably does, anyways thanks for the help and support

hey cam, yea man dry skin with acne sucks. i was tired of all the crap i was using and i read alex's post so i figured id try it. i know what your going through, hopefully i can help you out man. Spooly, thanks alot man. i'm definatly going to have to check out that site.. i wonder if that shaving cream would dry my skin out though, i guess i'll just have to read about it, but thanks for the link. Alright as for an update... So far everythings going good. My nose is less oily but now all the black heads turned white and are comming out... i dont know if they're healing or what but its really noticable and gross looking, but whatever. If thats how blackheads heal.. let me know. also ive got maybe 5 new pimples total since the start of this regimen (which isnt alot for me), but they heal really quickly and were relatively small. the color of my skin is not nearly as red as it use to be and the overall complexion is a lot better. The only problem im having is still the shaving of my upper lip but i can deal with that. So yea, its been how many days? i think maybe a week or more and i'm seeing good results. if you have any questions about anything in specific, don't be shy. ill answer ANY questions, everythings cool with me. i'll update soon. Peace. eusa_whistle.gif

well man i couldnt wait i just had to do it haha and yea damn feels good to go to sleep at nite without havin a bunch of gunk on your face on day 2 and skin feels so much better..ive gotten like 1 new whitehead on my nose which was nothing and the 4-5 zits on my lower face have healed great nad hardly noticeable havent gotten anything new on my forehead either...skin has a couple small flaky skin patches but doesnt feel dry at all which is the most important thing and i figure once i shave those will be gone(shaving is the only thing that worries me about causing new acne..so we'll see)

yea cam im with you on the shaving issue, thats the only thing that worries me at the moment. just stick with it and dont worry to much about your face, i hope things work out for you. so as an update, what i've been doing is showering every 24 hours, which is right before i go to school. i just rinse my face under cold water for 30 seconds and never touch with anything else. i just looked in the mirror and the only problem i have is with my nose. its recently been getting red (the cold weather could be irritating it or the dead skin on it but not to sure what i could exfoliate with) my nose also has little white things comming out on the sides (black heads turning into white heads and healing? im not sure) it its also peeling from the dead skin on my nose as well. considering its still early in the regimen i can't be to sure what will happen with my nose but i'll definatly keep you updated on it. lol. anyways things are relativly good for me, i dont have to worry to much about my face and it seems to be healing. if u got any questions or anything, u know what to do wink.gif later.

well im doin it a bit diff i splash my faxce with warm water in the morning caus i feels better for me i dunno why....go to work till 3 come home workout splash with warm water after i finish than splash again before i got to sleep at midnite or so..and on weekends just spash in the morn shower before i go party...and yea yesac nose is kind dry too but w/e ill take it for now...fack shavin maybe ill just grow a beard haha no more pussy for me lol

welll its almost been a week with no update so well everything is goin prety good...i got 2 new zits on my forehead during one of lacrosse games but i just didnt touch them and they were gone with 2-3 days i got 1 on my lip but once again that was gone within 2 days...i get a few really tiny whiteheads on my nose but theyre hardly noticeable so basically like 80-85% improvement so far...my forehead used to be all red from gunk i was putting on it but now its pretty much clear and normal colored...skin feels great

I'd say if it's working don't change. Keep doing what works for you. Happy holidays! SHAZ AKA SLIM