Notifications
Clear all

anybody did TCA CROSS with Dr Rullan?

MemberMember
(@byescar)

Posted : 12/04/2017 2:40 am

Only Dr Ramson does TCA CROSS in the Bay Area, but he prices the treatment at $700, and he does not offer TCA CROSS officially until I asked him for TCA CROSS. I have also contacted Dr Rullan, he looked at my pictures and suggested subcision+TCA CROSS+deep micro needling right away. I have done subcision before, so I am comfortable with it. But I have not done TCA CROSS before, I am Asian, and I have seen posts from people saying their scars enlarged. My skin is very prone to scars. If I have any new acne on my cheeks, I get scars right after it..... I didn't get scars after subcision though. I am very afraid of TCA CROSS, but it seems like my scars are better responded with TCA CROSS because I have a lot of boxcar and icepicks. But I have not tried TCA CROSS before and I need to fly to San Diego to see Dr Rullan.
Has anybody done TCA CROSS with Dr Rullan? Could you give me any confidence?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/04/2017 2:46 am

Well, TCA CROSS was originally invented in Korea, used on Korean patients by a Korean doctor. How is that for a confidence booster? :)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/04/2017 10:07 am

@byescarAs I said before In a post tryCalifornia Skin Institute [Link removed] (I DO NOT endorse them - they price fix as a group bay area dermatologists). Just a option. Dr. Ting is a Asian derm but he is expensive (part of above network), call and see how much he charges. Lots of Dr's do cross it's just needing to call and ask for prices at the office. CA Skin Institute has Drs that do sub as well, it's just expensive compared to Rullan who is not part of any group pricing. They also do Cross (Center for Derm) [Link removed]Amanda, ... this office is supper busy so be prepared for waits and in and out service, they also do sub but as I recall it's more than Rullan.

MemberMember
(@byescar)

Posted : 12/05/2017 5:49 pm

@beautifulambitionThanks for the information. I visited Dr Ting before, he recommended Picosu laser (something like it) right away. I will try again to see what else he has to offer.
My main concern is that for any of the doctors above, I didn't see anybody posting reviews about TCA CROSS result.
I did subcision and subcision only with Dr Morganroth at California Skin Institute after seeing a post posted by a girl on this forum. In that way I know how the procedure is and what result I can expect. She got great result.
My problem is with TCA CROSS. It seems like most everybody here is doing this procedure by themselves. So I don't know how good the doctors are at this procedure. I am afraid that the icepick scars and boxcar scars will be larger..... That's the concern. Not about the pricing or flying.

MemberMember
(@byescar)

Posted : 12/05/2017 6:07 pm

just for anyone who may be interested, I called Center for Derm [Link removed]you will have to schedule an appointment which is $195 before you get any quote on any treatment pricing....

Dr Ting does subcision for $475, and if it is done by a nurse then it is $300. But they do not offer TCA CROSS. The micro needling they have is infinitely microneedling radio frequency, I am not sure what it is like comparing to the general micro needling.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/06/2017 12:07 pm

I would do the sub by his nurse, Dr. Ting. California Skin Institute and ask who does TCA Cross. They have most of the derms in the bay area, not all of them do all procedures.

Plastics can also do TCA Cross. Have you called a few. I don't know who specifically does it as many do it by themselves here.

MemberMember
(@byescar)

Posted : 12/06/2017 11:36 pm

I'm flying to San Diego to do subcision and micro needling and TCA CROSS.... I hope it will be fine. I will consult with doctors thoroughly before actually doing it.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/07/2017 12:28 pm

He is a expert at deeper peels for ethnic skin types if you have the down time, that might fix you right up. Phenol and TCA, see his website.
Sounds good! Has he started you on tretinorin or retin a and hydroquinone to avoid hyperpigmentation. I'd call and discuss.

MemberMember
(@rila)

Posted : 12/07/2017 2:21 pm

@byescarI have similar situation and would greatly appreciate if you share your experience with Dr. Rullan. How much does he charge? Thank you!

MemberMember
(@byescar)

Posted : 12/08/2017 7:37 pm

On 12/7/2017 at 11:21 AM, rila said:
@byescarI have similar situation and would greatly appreciate if you share your experience with Dr. Rullan. How much does he charge? Thank you!

He charges 250 for TCA cross. I have scheduled a surgery with him on 12/18. I will do tca cross+microneedling+subcision. it will be $1000.
I'm very worried though. I searched posts on the forum, it seems like he does subcision in a more aggressive way. two layers of subcision with two different nokar(not sure about the name), I am very worried about my healing. I think I will further discuss with him on 12/18.... hope it helps..... anybody who did surgery with him, please give me a link of your posts. appreciate it!

MemberMember
(@dvdgal)

Posted : 06/15/2018 5:45 pm

@byescar
I'm wondering how was your experience with Dr. Rullan? It's been a few months since your last post on TCA Cross + needling on your scars. Appreciate if you can share your experience. Good day!