Notifications
Clear all

Dehydrated, oily, flaky and scarred face.

MemberMember
(@nav888)

Posted : 11/30/2017 3:37 am

I'm 19 years old male and I've been suffering acne for the past 5 years. During this time I've used almost everything (bp,salicylic acid, zinc oxide you name it), now my skin looks really old, flaky and most of all oily on the top but looks dehydrated AF on the bottom. I've used bp for the past 2 years which helped with acne but it never solved the problem. Looking now I believe that it was bp that damaged my skin permanently. Now I'm going as natural as possible.
My routine: AM - wash face with warm water, tone, moisturise and jojoba oil to avoid water loss.
PM - wash face with gentle soap, tone, moisturise (more) and jojoba oil.
Has anybody experienced or is going through this. My face is red most of the times and now im really losing hope..

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/03/2018 8:28 pm

On 11/30/2017 at 3:37 AM, Nav888 said:

I'm 19 years old male and I've been suffering acne for the past 5 years. During this time I've used almost everything (bp,salicylic acid, zinc oxide you name it), now my skin looks really old, flaky and most of all oily on the top but looks dehydrated AF on the bottom. I've used bp for the past 2 years which helped with acne but it never solved the problem. Looking now I believe that it was bp that damaged my skin permanently. Now I'm going as natural as possible.
My routine: AM - wash face with warm water, tone, moisturise and jojoba oil to avoid water loss.
Has anybody experienced or is going through this. My face is red most of the times and now im really losing hope..

Hi Nav888. How is your skin now?? Ive experienced the same thing recently. I have extremely oily but also dehydrated skin. The texture is awful and it seems like Ive lost a lot of eleasticity. Im going to make an appointment with an esthetician soon so I can have some expert advice.

MemberMember
(@nav888)

Posted : 06/04/2018 8:28 am

11 hours ago, wfpri97 said:
On 11/30/2017 at 4:37 PM, Nav888 said:

Hi Nav888. How is your skin now?? Ive experienced the same thing recently. I have extremely oily but also dehydrated skin. The texture is awful and it seems like Ive lost a lot of eleasticity. Im going to make an appointment with an esthetician soon so I can have some expert advice.

Things are getting a bit better. I've been using Japanese products lately, they are working but my skin is still oily but much better than before (getting warmer and humid). The flakiness and dehydration almost disappeared after using these products. The main problem now (as always) is the oily skin, I still get a few cystic bumps around my cheeks but the redness + oily skin + sun rays reflecting on my skin combined look bad. Just really want to end this journey god. My skin gets super oily after eating a lot of food, during stressful times and if I stay at home all day. This is what I've been using https://www.amazon.com/COSMETICS-Moist-Hyaluronic-White-Lotion/dp/B00J7BYBE4/ref=sr_1_22_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1528116331&sr=1-22&keywords=juju+cosmetics Let me know how your appointment goes. Don't lose hope even though I've tried everything I'm trying my best to stay positive there are plenty of things left to do: going vegan, cutting bread.. etc or just drink water lmao.

MemberMember
(@faroutbrusslesprout)

Posted : 06/05/2018 6:36 am

On 30/11/2017 at 6:37 PM, Nav888 said:

You could maybe look into using rosehip oil to help with the dryness.

For oily skin, I suggest looking into a more mattifying moisturiser. You could always invest in a mattifying powder. Make sure you use an SPF during the day.

MemberMember
(@nv19)

Posted : 06/11/2018 7:07 am

I have had VERY similar symptoms for over 5 years now. Makes life a lot harder than it has to be. Have you found any cures? I'm thinking of starting Accutane.

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 06/11/2018 12:31 pm

5 hours ago, nv19 said:

I have had VERY similar symptoms for over 5 years now. Makes life a lot harder than it has to be. Have you found any cures? I'm thinking of starting Accutane.

What's your skin problem? Oily and dehydrated? Do you currently have acne?

MemberMember
(@mindfultiler)

Posted : 06/11/2018 1:56 pm

Have you always had oily skin, or was your skin not oily before the regimen? Do you think that the use of BP causes some permanent "oily skin" struggle?