Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

im super tiny! i only weigh 105......and also because i have a history of depression, so they wanted to start things slow and not cause anything serious by starting me with a high dose. and i have mild to moderate acne anyways, just very very persistant, so thats another reason im not on a high dose. my derm said that i am goin to be on a low dose the whole time, i am just goin to be on it a month longer than they normally put people on it.

im super tiny! i only weigh 105......and also because i have a history of depression, so they wanted to start things slow and not cause anything serious by starting me with a high dose. and i have mild to moderate acne anyways, just very very persistant, so thats another reason im not on a high dose. my derm said that i am goin to be on a low dose the whole time, i am just goin to be on it a month longer than they normally put people on it.

I'll be on 50mg the whole time, for the same reasons. I'm 140lbs though. tongue.gif I think it's better to be on a lower dose, even if you have to stay on it a little longer.

i up my dose in 2 weeks, and i might start at 10 mg one day and 20mg the next, or just up it to 20mg.......but i dont know what my derm is gonna do yet. i think 20mg might be my max, and ill be on it for 6 months, but im not sure, they might up me to 40 depending on how im doin.

good luck upping ur dose! let me know how things go! and i hope u dont get an initial breakout!!!

I was on 10 mg for a month and it worked well. I thought I was only going to be on 20 mgs for two weeks and then go to 40 mgs for the remainder, but she surprised me today when she said I'd be on 20 mgs for a month. I don't get it, because I had to talk her into starting me at the low dose and my bloodwork was fabulous and I have no sides. Initially, she wanted to start me at 40mgs. I guess she did some research or something and likes the idea of gradually working your way up to full dose; getting the body used to the drug. I have converted her to my dosing rationale, lol! *Shrugs shoulders* It is fine by me. Less side effects and less chance of a major breakout. She seems to think I will get less or no sides if I work my way up gradually. Boy! I wrote a novel, sorry Bella!

So, at 20 mgs you'd be on it for six months? That isn't bad at all.

lol dont worry about it........thats pretty cool that she seems to be changing her ways off of what u told her! i bet u feel pretty honored lol! but thats good that shes slowly working u up, i think that is better. but yea 20mg the whole time wouldn't be bad at all. i just hope it does the job.

The one side effect that I'm really worried about is dry eyes.

I've always had them even before i started tane, and it was the reason why I couldn't stand contacts.

Right now, I think I'm experiencing more of dry eyes than before tane. I don't know how I will survive 80mg. wacko.gif

Wow! Bella, you ARE super tiny. I'm glad you are getting good results from 10mg! biggrin.gif

I want to be free of active pimples and cysts by the end of the first month. Red spots and stuff, I can deal with. Are my expectations too high?

Keep Rollin' Bella!

PS eres hispanica?

Bella, I know! It is so odd she changed so much in her rationale! She wanted me to start at 40! Anyhow, I don't think it is because of me, but rather because she may have done research on the matter. I should go to 40 in a month as long as I don't develop any bad sides.

December TK: Use eye drops! You HAVE to! Use "Endura Refresh" eyedrops. They are unlike any other drop on the market; they lubricate all three layers of the eye. You can get them at the pharmacy.

when my derm switched me from 20mg to 60mg, i felt no drastic change. i feel the same as i did ( phyically). i mean the only side effect i experience is back pain and that is only when im playing tennis or doing military presses, and is only for like 3 seconds. and i wouldnt be scared of the "supposed" side effects of isotretinoin which include depression and thoughts of suicide because once i started accutane, i couldnt be happier, and in fact i barely worry as much as i used to about my acne. i dont do anything to treat my acne besides take my pills in the mourning and put on mousturizer once in a while. what could be easier!!??

december_tk ... no your expectations aren't too high.. thats probably whats going to happen, well at least for me... but you mght have a alittle break but itll go away fast. I was like you.. and hoped all the pimples and stuff would go away and red marks would be ok bcause ill deal with that later. But, the redmarks look HORRIBLE. for me at least. Thats because i had acne all over my face....ALL OVER. But for you.. might be different, goodluck

THx Wrestler!

BTW are you clear now? biggrin.gif

I have a huge cyst on my left temple. It's about 3 cm (or an inch) in diameter. Is this monstrous or what? Also it's protruded. It sticks out like 1 cm - yeah, a mound would be the perfect analogy here. mad.gif

Also, I have another cyst on my left cheek that is like 2 cm in diameter. It keeps popping open whenever I wash my face. I'm afraid that it'll never heal. I tried Neosporin - not working too well. This is very frustrating. eusa_wall.gif

Anybody know how to deal with these giant cysts? HELP!!!!

evil.gifevil.gifevil.gifevil.gifevil.gifevil.gifevil.gifevil.gifevil.gifevil.gif This is how I'm feeling right now.

TK

hey guys sorry i haven't updated in a while, ive been a lil busy.

but its DAY 21 and things are lookin pretty good. ive had a few zits here and there on my forehead and around my chin, but nothin too bad i guess. worse than they have been in a while, but they could be worse. the only thing that i cant stand, is the dry skin! cuz my skin just feels nasty and flaky, and i feel like ive lost all of my skin tone. and my lips are definitely becoming quite dry and chapped, and i have been using a ton of aquaphor, and carmex! also my EYES!!! oooh man......i cant open my eyes in the morning without putting visine in them, its horrible! but i think im gonna get that Endura Refresh stuff u mentioned.

i stopped taking vitamin E about a week ago to see if things would change, and things have definitely become more dry (skin, lips, and eyes) but i think im gonna start taking it again, because i think my skin looked better when i was taking it, and it helped with the dry lips A LOT!

so thats pretty much how things are goin right now........i have been pretty depressed though lately, but i dont think it has anything to do with accutane. i have just been extremely lonely.....and i think i just really want a boyfriend, and to be in a relationship with someone who really cares about me. but other than that i have been pretty content.

EMMA-how r things goin for u on 20mg??? i hope things are goin good!

and December- No, im german! lol

Things are going well. I am going to update my log now. I don't want to clog up your's.

My MD told me NOT to use visine all the time, but to use a lubricating drop like one from refresh.

I can't believe you are so dry. It is funny how we all react so differently!

Don't be depressed!

I myself am pretty lonely right now, too. Things will get better, eventually...

eusa_boohoo.gif Silent night, holy night. All is calm, all is br... puts me right to sleep.

Don't take that stuff you were talking about. If you read his EMail (the kid that suggested that stuff to you) it has omega-3 and fish fatty acids in it... you HAVE to make sure that it doesn't have Vitamin A.

Prior to me starting accutane (I started the same day you did) I took cod liver oil capsules and it had those engrediants including Vit A and D.

Taking a vit A supplement will dramatically increase you chances of the BAD side effects of accutane... MAKE SURE ITS OKAY WITH YOUR DERM

PLUS you can take all those vitamins 3 times a day I take mine twice a day and hardly get drying

Don't use Carmex it has potroleum based ingredients (most products do such as blistex and vaseline and these draw moisture from deep within and bring it to the surface giving a FALSE repeat FALSE sense of moisture. So do things with flaxseed oil. Use waxy kind of chapsticks they work...

im confused???? what r u talkin about? im not taking anything with vitamin A or plan on it, cuz i know how serious the side effects could be. im only taking vitamin E. were u talkin to someone else on here?? lol sorry im just a lil lost.

how r things goin with u? what dose r u taking?

So you are saying that there is a possibility that TheraTears Nutrition might have Vit A in it, even though the nutrition facts don't say so? That's odd. Isn't that against the law or something? I'm confused...

Sorry to butt in but Vitamin A isnt a big deal unless you take the Vitamin A supplement. You can eat a can of soup with 60% Vitamin A and it wont matter. You can even take multivitamins. (My dermatologist told me this because I used to stress about Vitamin A and things containing it) rolleyes.gif

Guest Brandon

I hope you're doing okay, babe. Stay strong!

thanks so much, its really just been a lonely holiday for me, and now with my grandma dieing it just added to that.......but i am staying strong and i really appreciate ur support, it really means a lot to me!

on a lighter note though......its DAY 26, and my skin is doin great! i hardly have a single zit! (knock on wood) and im really starting to feel confident again! its really nice not having to worry so much about my skin, i really thought that even if my skin started to clear up, i would still be paranoid about my skin, but my worries are really starting to go away, and i just cant wait to feel what its like to not worry AT ALL!!!! biggrin.gif

Guest Brandon

I'm so glad to hear that things are going well for your skin, Annie. Sorry about your grandma. You know where to find me if you need to talk.

well my skin is kinda starting to breakout a bit again! uh oh! i hope it doesn't last long. but im goin to the derm tomorrow, and they are gonna up my dose, so i hope i dont get my initial breakout when i up my dose! im on 10mg right now, and they said they are either goin to up my dose to 10mg one day and 20mg the next.....or just go right to 20mg, which is i think would be good. but we'll see......

but thank u very much brandon, im feelin much better now, but its nice to have someone who cares......so thank you!

Bella, how long have you been on it?

My upped dose did not do much damage. I think I may have gotten a little outbreak, but nothing serious, and I cannot attribute it to the upped dose either. Anything under six weeks is fair game to be labeled an initial breakout.

I hope they up you to 20mgs a day!

well guys.......im an idiot!!!! so i stopped taking my birth control about 2 weeks ago, because i wanted to switch to another one, because of weight gain. but i was just gonna wait until my appointment to ask my derm about it, which was goin to be a week from the time i stopped the birth control, which i thought would be fine. but then my grandma died, and i had to go to the funeral and everything, and i totally forgot about my appointment, and the soonest i could get was last friday january 7th (i already went, obviously lol) but i told my derm, and she was like OMG u cant do that!!! bla bla bla......and just sayin how i have to be on birth control at all times and stuff, which i know........but im not even close to being sexually active, so i didn't think it was a huge deal, but she said just because of lawsuit sorta stuff, i cant ever do anything like that again. so because i have to wait to get back on birth control, she didn't up my dose yet! damnit! so im still on 10mg, which is fine.......but she said they will up my dose when im back on birth control, which wont be long........so im cool with that. but then i forgot to take my pill the other night, so i was OMG!!! im really losing my responsibilty with my accutane, and i think its cuz im clearing up (which is a good thing), but i really gotta get myself back on track with things!

but other than that, things are goin great! im on DAY 34!!!! already done with a month! isn't that CRAZY!!!! ahh i love it! lol........but anyways.........ill keep u guys updated, but things are goin good for the moment! hope everyone else is doin good! biggrin.gif