Notifications
Clear all

I need an advice

MemberMember
(@pumpkinsoup)

Posted : 11/26/2017 9:52 pm

Hello, I need an advice about my skin. Sometimes my skin condition is pretty good for a few days or a week and sometimes I wake up and my skin looks so much worse. The pores and black heads are more visible, the red spots from previous pimples are darker and also more visible. Maybe someone has an idea or a clue which could change my life. By the way Im male, 22 years old and I'm doing the BP regimen.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 11/26/2017 11:01 pm

"red spots from previous pimples are darker".. these are called post acne marks. BP can prolong these marks and slow down healing.

just a guess but your skin being good for a week then breaking out may indicate a diet related problem. (do you go out drinking on the weekend?)

read up on post acne marks, exfoliation and foods/drinks which are bad for people with acne.

MemberMember
(@tania-crowe)

Posted : 11/27/2017 12:18 am

Use honey mixed with lemon juice while washing your face. Discontinue all the face washes and stick to Cetaphil cleansing lotion. Apply pure Neem on your face as a pack. Change your beddings regularly(pillow cover). Also, apply aloe vera gel every night before sleeping as a base and tea tree oil on the effected areas. Avoid exfoliation while the pimples are still active. Rest, if the irritation still continues, consult a dermatologist. Also intake of healthy foods like flax seeds, garlic in the morning.

MemberMember
(@pumpkinsoup)

Posted : 11/27/2017 6:28 am

7 hours ago, MrBakery said:
"red spots from previous pimples are darker".. these are called post acne marks. BP can prolong these marks and slow down healing.

just a guess but your skin being good for a week then breaking out may indicate a diet related problem. (do you go out drinking on the weekend?)

read up on post acne marks, exfoliation and foods/drinks which are bad for people with acne.

I'm not consuming alcohol or dairy products. Also no coffee, soda and very little sweets.

6 hours ago, Tania Crowe said:

Use honey mixed with lemon juice while washing your face. Discontinue all the face washes and stick to Cetaphil cleansing lotion. Apply pure Neem on your face as a pack. Change your beddings regularly(pillow cover). Also, apply aloe vera gel every night before sleeping as a base and tea tree oil on the effected areas. Avoid exfoliation while the pimples are still active. Rest, if the irritation still continues, consult a dermatologist. Also intake of healthy foods like flax seeds, garlic in the morning.

I don't really wanna discontinue the BP regimen because it works for me with preventing pimples. Also the Ceaphil product has more comedogen ingredients than the cleanser I'm using.

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 11/27/2017 9:27 am

I don't think that bp will prolong those marks and slow down healing, its never happened with me.