Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Urgent Acne Help!

Hi! This is a long story but i'll just have to sum it up. I use to wear makeup a lot but it ended up causing me pimples so I tried to use the Body's shop Tea Tree Oil line and mixed it with peroxide for acne (because i thought i could get rid of it faster) and it ended up chemically bruising me. So I left it alone and I was using just Shea Butter and a soap to wash my face, and i'll use the tea tree oil night time cream whenever a pimple popped up. But I decided to try cetaphil gentle cleanser for sensitive, and I think I had a reaction/breakout Now i think the bruise got worst because there's pimples on the bruising area, and pimples keep on popping up! I wanted to use st ives exofiliator to see if it would help but now i'm scared. I've used the body shop tea tree line before but I guess my skin has become more sensitive because it never burned like that. Now, I don't know what works for me anymore and I really need help.

Edited by Guest
Removed hyperlink

wow. mixing peroxide with tea tree...that bad. in my option, your totally over doing it.

you need to get out of the mindset that "attacking" your face with washes/creams will clear your acne. if anything, over doing it  can irritate, cause spots/redness and damage your skin... sounds strange but lots of people report that ditching their acne soaps/creams and simply washing with water greatly improves their skin.

firstly find a mild SLS free soap and get into the habit of only washing your face once a day. (st ives exfoliator is good but its job is not for daily washing)

then more importantly look at other reasons why you have acne/skin problems. eg poor diet, hormones, lack of vitamins. do some researching.

Edited by MrBakery

13 minutes ago, MrBakery said:

wow. mixing peroxide with tea tree...that bad. in my option, your totally over doing it.

you need to get out of the mindset that "attacking" your face with washes/creams will clear your acne. if anything, over doing it  can irritate, cause spots/redness and damage your skin... sounds strange but lots of people report that ditching their acne soaps/creams and simply washing with water greatly improves their skin.

firstly find a mild SLS free soap and get into the habit of only washing your face once a day. (st ives exfoliator is good but its job is not for daily washing)

then more importantly look at other reasons why you have acne/skin problems. eg poor diet, hormones, lack of vitamins. do some researching.

Trust me, I know. I should've just patiently waited. And thank you! Sorry what does SLS free soap mean if I mind asking? 

sls is short for sodium lauryl sulfate.

sodium lauryl sulfate for some people is a skin irritant. unfortunately SLS is found in many soaps and washes.

if you want to try a SLS free soap, you could try sebamed soap but no guarantees it will work for you.

Edited by MrBakery