Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lots of people had said its good to take cold showers. I was wondering if thats only for the face and scalp? Its hard to take cold showers in the winter so I wanted to know if you could take a warm shower and just use cold water on your face and scalp and still have the same results?

i took cold showers for like a month & i dont remember if it did anything! it made me uncomfortable & very cold i was shivering after i got out! but i think it reduced redness i really cant remember if it helped though...

i took cold showers for like a month & i dont remember if it did anything! it made me uncomfortable & very cold i was shivering after i got out! but i think it reduced redness i really cant remember if it helped though...

This isnt really amazingly related to showers... but ive thought , if u wash with hot water it opens the pores right? and then wouldent that make like the bp and stuff be easily absorbed and be more effective?

im not an expert by the way so dont shout at me eusa_eh.gif

Yes warm water does expand the pores and is nice for washing the face. I was just trying to say that if you have dry skin that irritates easily then stay away from really hot water eusa_angel.gif

Hot water strips you natural oils away. Especially bad in winter. Warm water is the key, unless straight after shaving when cold water is actually good to rebalance the ph.

hmm well , when i started i always used to wash with hot water , mainly cuz when the pores were open u could actually feel it doing stuff. but then for a while i started using cold water and broke out again... so i got depressed and changed everything back to how it was and it has fixed sort of...

1) There is no pH difference between cold and hot water.

2) Pores do not open or close -- that's an old myth.

3) Hot water can strip oils from the skin but usually not enough to make a difference unless you are using a non-moisturizing soap on your face.

4) Increased circulation can TEMPORARILY increase redness (it goes down after the heat source dissipates) just as redness will increase after a cold shower.

5) Warm, regular showers vs. cold showers -- you will see no difference in your acne.

I found that when I was taking cold showers I felt better about myself & I actually enjoyed them lol. It made me more energetic & it made me look forward to showering which is something I don't look forward to, mind you, I'm a clean person.