Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
onetuskerplease

BP gel stimulates hair growth?!

I swear, even though I'm 14 and I going through puberty, I can swear that every since I started using bp, I have been getting hair in places I have never had any before. Like under my chin and on the side of my face and on the back of my neck (I guess it's time to shave)! By the way since I never noticed before but, do people have tiny small little hairs on their noses? I notice I have a couple, (where the black heads are). The hair isn't seeable by anymeans but I just noticed it while I was looking close up in the miror. Also I have noticed I have been getting much more frekles (or however you spell them). On a side note, anybody know how frekles are formed and how to prevent them. Anyways, could bp be doing this? I also am getting some of those white bumps (I think its called milia?) Though these small things are better than acne, I am still a little frustrated that bp is, or maybe I'm just going crazy, doing this to my skin. Anyone else have the same problems as me?

lol its puberty buddy

hair on the neck, sorry to say i think you are developing a hairy back.

(on the other hand i am not sorry if your looking forward to a hairy back)

I've proved that milia is caused by bp gel. For anyone who has milia or is interested in this, do a google search under milia and you will find three or four web sites that say the leading cause of milia in teens and adults are because of topical gels. bp is a topical gel. So Dan, im asking, no ordering you put something on your new bottle that will say milia could be a side affect of this medicine. Not only will it let the buyer know that could get it, when they DO get it, they won't be freaking out saying omg I have skin cancer. When a whole bunch of white bumps start popping up on your face, you get a little worried and it would be nice to know that when your buying this stuff, these white bumps are harmless and are only a side affect of the topical gel. So Dan, when your making your new logo that someone else was talking about in another thread, im telling you that it is not only the right thing to do, but a good thing to do so people don't freak out when they see these white bumps. Anyways, anybody have these that they got rid of because of an exfoliater? What kind of product did you use? Thanks for your imput.

I could be way off, but is there a chance you are freeing up hairs that were trapped by clogged pores? One reason guys get zits is by "in-grown" facial hair. When hair first grows it can cause alot of problems. Generally, once you free each hair, it shouldn't cause any more trouble.

The truth is..is does cause milia, but I would rather have tiny un-noticable white bumps under the skin than huge devastating cysts or pastules...