Notifications
Clear all

Diane 35 to ortho tri-cyclen... 3 cystic pimples in a week!!

MemberMember
(@jean89)

Posted : 11/24/2017 8:47 pm

I was on Diane 35 for around 8 months, super happy with the results. I have always struggled with hormonal acne. Though my dermatologist wasn't concerned about the health risks because I'm pretty active, I asked to switch knowing the long term risks. She put me on ortho tri-cyclen. I just finished my first cycle and I'm very upset about my skin. I went from having no pimples and only minor acne scarring (that I worked so hard to get it from severe/moderate to mild!!), to having developed 3 cystic zits on my chin in around a week!!

I'm 28 and at the end of my rope. Considering requesting Accutane or something else?!

I'm wondering if the acne could just be because of the switch? I know it takes 3 months to fully know how the new pill will affect me but I'm scared to see what will happen. I don't pop my pimples but they all leave hyperpigmentation and scarring. Help!!

Any advice or recommendations would be SOOO appreciated!!!

MemberMember
(@sendhelp)

Posted : 11/28/2017 1:41 pm

When I first went on Tri-Sprintec my acne got much worse and I was getting deep cystic acne like you are describing. If you give it time it will get better though. Mine has definitely gotten better since I went through the initial 3-4 month breakout. However, I still have moderate acne and the pill definitely did not completely clear my skin.