Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Blackheads arent typicaly a concern. Accutane doesn't target this type of acne specificaly its designed for white heads and cysts. They shouldn't turn into a full blown breakout or anything so dont worry about it. Try some blackhead removing cleansers I can't think of any off the top of my head but I know there are a ton of posts about them. Don't worry about it smile.gif they should go away. Blackheads dont usualy turn into a full blown infection of the pore. Typicaly its just a clogged pore and it stays at that which is why just getting a really good blackhead removing cleanser should get rid of them very easily.

Really? Never heard of that O.o. I'm on my 2nd cycle of Accutane and I have no less or more blackheads then when I started. I'm curious now I'll go research it a bit. I'm assuming it is because of the reduced oil production causing dry skin hence causing clogged pores. Or it could be that the oil itself dries and clogs the pore? I dunno hold on let me google some things. Edit-

My advice is just get some blackhead removing cleanser / strips. They work very well. I can't help you any farther then that because I've honestly never heard of Accutane CAUSING blackheads sad.gif especialy in the absence of white heads?

Edit 2 :-P - I'm stumped on this one. Nothing on google significant and no testimonials / journals stating they got blackheads from Accutane. Hope someone else on the board can help.

I'm on Day 35 and Accutane has already gotten rid of all my blackheads. The black part disappeared in the first two weeks and then I just noticed the insides of the pores emptying a bit more each day (kinda had to scrape away at it each morning). Now I don't have a single one on my chin, nose or on my cheeks by my nose. The only thing is, I don't know if this is going to be a permanent change, or if they will all return once I'm done with the treatment..... hope this helps, berry

I could swear others say they have gotten blackeheads too.  eusa_think.gif

Anyway, I just want them to go. Thanks so much for looking at research.  smile.gif You didn't have to do that!

Thanks, Ueadian.

I am on a low dose right now, so maybe that has something to do with it. I would think accutane would eventually get rid of blackheads too. My oil is already gone which is a small miracle in itself!

E-

This is actually quite common, i've experienced it as well as read about it in many journals. The 'tane is just pushing that crap out. None of mine have turned into breakouts, rather the areas they are at just get rough because they are reaching beyond the surface - and just like berry said, I had to scrape mine off too. And now I too have little pores opened and emptied out basically. Let them push out on their own and use a wash cloth at night when washing your face w/cetaphil and that should help work them out. They come out on their own MUCH easier than if you were to try to say... extract them like *I* tried to do a few weeks ago. Bad idea. It left red marks all over my nose. They came out easily though, but even that little bit of pressure on my nose/chin and cheeks with a device designed to extract - I still got little red marks. Good luck smile.gif

The ppl who said they got more blackheads on accutane r fuken retards, seriously all of u need to jump off a fuken bridge right now. Accutane dimishes oil, i could never EVER get rid of blackheads till accutane and they were the first things that went without me noticing, cause of ....NO OIL!

The ppl who said they got more blackheads on accutane r fuken retards, seriously all of u need to jump off a fuken bridge right now. Accutane dimishes oil, i could never EVER get rid of blackheads till accutane and they were the first things that went without me noticing, cause of ....NO OIL!

Message from a retard-

What happens is this:

Before the accutane can dry EVERYTHING up, it needs to push all the leftover stuff out. If you're COMPLETELY DRY, smart-guy, then why do people continue to breakout after they start 'tane - sometimes months into the treatment? Isn't a pimple but oil and bacteria trapped under the surface of the skin inside a pore? Why YES!! Yes it is! same goes for a black head only its an 'open' comedone - NOT closed which is why you see them all come out after you start the treatment. Many pores are clogged and you don't even know it and if they are open they come out as black heads on the surface - and closed - pimples and cysts underneath. I already had black heads and clogged pores - but as the 'tane kicked in, it pushed the crap out of them - made them more noticable an such. It can't just dry up stuff that is already there - the drying up affect causes them to be pushed out to the surface hence, breakouts and blackheads.

::bows::

Emmanuel is right, take that negative attitude elsewhere - we're all here to get help and learn a thing or two. You on the other hand are just making yourself out to be an idiot and a nusciance.