Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lost_in_france

advantages of the regimen....

hey guys...

first post so be gentle...

firstly a little about myself and acne history, basically on and off since i was 15, always been kinda controlled by oral antibiotics, and then by this regimen(!)

Had a really good summer with an almost perfectly clear face, then on rolls winter, and before you know it, its back...!

Its wierd, but I was kinda of in denial about the state of it, then I got some photos back from a ball, and i was kinda shocked, so came back to the Bp and doxycycline (which i came off in the summer cos i thought it was all over for me and my acne). I guess its kinda of moderate to severe, not too painful or large, but quite numerous...

Anyways some random thoughts:

firstly, Dan's BP really is the shisnit, it goes on so easy and I'm not afraid of using alot because I know I won't need to buy another one tomorrow!

secondly, I 've just started swimming and rowing quite a bit, and although there are times when i don't wanna go the pool or gym cos of my face, I ALWAYS feel better for it after.

lastly, an advantage of the regimen (not related to acne): Cos i now get up and have my shower an hour before lectures to do the regimen, not only do I now eat a frickin good breakfast every morning (instead of toast on the run), but I have time to write way more e-mails and read a paper... !

take care y'all, bon courage

PS if this regimen has the desired effect, i'll post some pics (i'e' the offending wake-up call pics, then fingers crossed, me with a clear face)

hey guys...

first post so be gentle...

firstly a little about myself and acne history, basically on and off since i was 15, always been kinda controlled by oral antibiotics, and then by this regimen(!)

Had a really good summer with an almost perfectly clear face, then on rolls winter, and before you know it, its back...!

Its wierd, but I was kinda of in denial about the state of it, then I got some photos back from a ball, and i was kinda shocked, so came back to the Bp and doxycycline (which i came off in the summer cos i thought it was all over for me and my acne). I guess its kinda of moderate to severe, not too painful or large, but quite numerous...

Anyways some random thoughts:

firstly, Dan's BP really is the shisnit, it goes on so easy and I'm not afraid of using alot because I know I won't need to buy another one tomorrow!

secondly, I 've just started swimming and rowing quite a bit, and although there are times when i don't wanna go the pool or gym cos of my face, I ALWAYS feel better for it after.

lastly, an advantage of the regimen (not related to acne): Cos i now get up and have my shower an hour before lectures to do the regimen, not only do I now eat a frickin good breakfast every morning (instead of toast on the run), but I have time to write way more e-mails and read a paper... !

take care y'all, bon courage

PS if this regimen has the desired effect, i'll post some pics (i'e' the offending wake-up call pics, then fingers crossed, me with a clear face)

It is interesting that you found your acne coming back as “on rolls winter.� I have always found that fall is by far and away the worst time for my acne. Summers I am usually pretty good, and in the dead of winter - just after the first of the year and on into Spring, I am fairly good. Spring can give me a little trouble but nothing is so damned awful as fall. I began the regimen this fall and had the clearest (acne wise) fall in recent memory. It is my hope that when the new year rolls around I might reduce the frequency with which I apply the regimen to once a day.

Good luck with the regimen.

Good luck with the regimen... the best results are found with strict adherence. It's a lot of work!