Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mavor

Dry red hard skin after benzoyl peroxide

I used it on a part of my skin for 4-5 days. And it turned nasty hard red. I tried to put some olive oil afterwards for moisturising, but it just made it worse. Then I tried to crush up some zinc gluconate I hade lying around, because whenever benzoyl peroxide inflamed my skin earlier it would calm it down significantly. Only this time it made it much worse and started stinging a lot after 1 minute, I tried to rinse it away as fast as possible. Maybe it was Zinc Gluconate as opposed to Zinc Oxide which if I recall was the zinc I used to use on my skin that caused the reaction. 
Basicly I'm left with dry hard skin that is so thick its not scaling. I'm worried I will get scarred and i want to noursih and mosturize it, but I'm scared I'm just going to make it worse like I already did with the olive oil and zinc.
Any tips?

It may be the peroxide and your skin is sensitive to it, or your applying too much. You can try using it just to spot treat, or if skin gets irritated bad use some cortisone with it.