Notifications
Clear all

Can I use the aha+ straight away

MemberMember
(@kys927)

Posted : 11/22/2017 11:14 am

I've been using different topical treatments for the past year, I started epiduo about 2 months ago and my acne has cleared up a lot but I want to try the acne org regimen to see if I get better results. I'm going to purchase the kit as well as the aha+. Can I start using the aha+ straight away since my skin is already used to benzoyl peroxide from using the epiduo or should I still wait 3-4 weeks

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/22/2017 12:06 pm

51 minutes ago, Kys927 said:

I've been using different topical treatments for the past year, I started epiduo about 2 months ago and my acne has cleared up a lot but I want to try the acne org regimen to see if I get better results. I'm going to purchase the kit as well as the aha+. Can I start using the aha+ straight away since my skin is already used to benzoyl peroxide from using the epiduo or should I still wait 3-4 weeks

If you do use the acne.org still wait for 4 weeks but why do you want to change if the epiduo is working for you? why not just use the AHA and the epiduo?

I just realized you can't use AHA and epiduo. I say stick to the epiduo if it's clearing your skin up.

MemberMember
(@kys927)

Posted : 11/22/2017 12:26 pm

15 minutes ago, oyinkan98 said:
If you do use the acne.org still wait for 4 weeks but why do you want to change if the epiduo is working for you? why not just use the AHA and the epiduo?

I just realized you can't use AHA and epiduo. I say stick to the epiduo if it's clearing your skin up.

My skin feels really dry since using the epiduo and I'm noticing fine lines which I never had before. Also my skin isn't completely clear and it hasn't helped with blackheads which I have a lot of on my nose. I think I'm going to try the regimen, I just thought since I've been using the epiduo it would be ok to use the aha straight away but I'll wait. I have lots of dark marks which is why I wanted to try the aha.

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/22/2017 8:38 pm

8 hours ago, Kys927 said:
8 hours ago, oyinkan98 said:

My skin feels really dry since using the epiduo and I'm noticing fine lines which I never had before. Also my skin isn't completely clear and it hasn't helped with blackheads which I have a lot of on my nose. I think I'm going to try the regimen, I just thought since I've been using the epiduo it would be ok to use the aha straight away but I'll wait. I have lots of dark marks which is why I wanted to try the aha.

Or maybe try using the aha now then if your skin does not get irritated, then you continue. If it does, then stop or continue slowly.

MemberMember
(@kys927)

Posted : 11/24/2017 10:20 am

Where did you read that you can't use epiduo with aha? I was thinking to just try the aha as it's expensive to get the full kit in the uk