Notifications
Clear all

Jojoba Oil and Zinc Oxide

MemberMember
(@nav888)

Posted : 11/18/2017 7:32 am

So I've been using Jojoba oil, zinc oxide and benzoyl peroxide for the past week. Zinc with benzoyl does not seem like a good idea since my skin got super dry after I washed it. I've got cystic acne on me cheeks, I believe its from touching/pillow but the oil production hasn't decreased yet and zinc is working like a charm(not sure if it's good in the long-run tho). Has anybody else tried doing this? How can I modify this routine to get more results? btw going to stop using bp and see if anything changes.

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/18/2017 10:51 am

3 hours ago, uni_uno said:

So I've been using Jojoba oil, zinc oxide and benzoyl peroxide for the past week. Zinc with benzoyl does not seem like a good idea since my skin got super dry after I washed it. I've got cystic acne on me cheeks, I believe its from touching/pillow but the oil production hasn't decreased yet and zinc is working like a charm(not sure if it's good in the long-run tho). Has anybody else tried doing this? How can I modify this routine to get more results? btw going to stop using bp and see if anything changes.

I use all 3. Well, the zinc oxide is part of a niacinamide + zinc serum and the zinc is 2%. I haven't had any problems and I don't think they deactivate each other. What percent of zinc are you using?

MemberMember
(@nav888)

Posted : 11/18/2017 10:06 pm

10 hours ago, oyinkan98 said:
13 hours ago, uni_uno said:

I use all 3. Well, the zinc oxide is part of a niacinamide + zinc serum and the zinc is 2%. I haven't had any problems and I don't think they deactivate each other. What percent of zinc are you using?

I'm using sudocrem, it contains 15% zinc oxide. How is your skin doing, does it get oily during the day? My skin got really smooth but if I dont apply jojoba oil after washing it gets super dry.

MemberMember
(@honeyginseng)

Posted : 11/30/2017 5:43 pm

I used to have a jojoba oil blend for oil cleansing. It's the oil that's the most similar to your natural sebum and has the ability to dissolve excess oil and grime. It is also a great skin moisturizer as well and regulates your sebum production.
I also use niacinamide + zinc serum to minimize pores. Niacinamide is also amazing for anti-aging and prevents melanin production from transferring to the surface, thus keeping hyperpigmentation at bay.

I think benzoyl peroxide is too harsh for my skin, as it causes it to be itchy and inflamed.