Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I've been using Jojoba oil, zinc oxide and benzoyl peroxide for the past week. Zinc with benzoyl does not seem like a good idea since my skin got super dry after I washed it. I've got cystic acne on me cheeks, I believe its from touching/pillow but the oil production hasn't decreased yet and zinc is working like a charm(not sure if it's good in the long-run tho). Has anybody else tried doing this? How can I modify this routine to get more results? btw going to stop using bp and see if anything changes.

3 hours ago, uni_uno said:

So I've been using Jojoba oil, zinc oxide and benzoyl peroxide for the past week. Zinc with benzoyl does not seem like a good idea since my skin got super dry after I washed it. I've got cystic acne on me cheeks, I believe its from touching/pillow but the oil production hasn't decreased yet and zinc is working like a charm(not sure if it's good in the long-run tho). Has anybody else tried doing this? How can I modify this routine to get more results? btw going to stop using bp and see if anything changes.

I use all 3. Well, the zinc oxide is part of a niacinamide + zinc serum and the zinc is 2%. I haven't had any problems and I don't think they deactivate each other. What percent of zinc are you using?

10 hours ago, oyinkan98 said:
13 hours ago, uni_uno said:

I use all 3. Well, the zinc oxide is part of a niacinamide + zinc serum and the zinc is 2%. I haven't had any problems and I don't think they deactivate each other. What percent of zinc are you using?
I'm using sudocrem, it contains 15% zinc oxide. How is your skin doing, does it get oily during the day? My skin got really smooth but if I dont apply jojoba oil after washing it gets super dry. 

I used to have a jojoba oil blend for oil cleansing. It's the oil that's the most similar to your natural sebum and has the ability to dissolve excess oil and grime. It is also a great skin moisturizer as well and regulates your sebum production.
I also use niacinamide + zinc serum to minimize pores. Niacinamide is also amazing for anti-aging and prevents melanin production from transferring to the surface, thus keeping hyperpigmentation at bay. 

I think benzoyl peroxide is too harsh for my skin, as it causes it to be itchy and inflamed.