Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recently, I have been using alcohol-free toner, 1.5% salicylic acid cream, aloe vera gel as a mosturizer and mineral sunscreen in orderly. Sometimes I would use tea tree oil if I feel like it. I drink at least 2L of water every single day and salad for at least 4/5 times a week. I exfoliate my skin once a week using chemical exfoliation, this is the second time I've exfoliated my skin. Somehow the redness on my face is not lessen. I have acne on my forehead, cheeks, chin and nose, but mostly on my cheeks. I could have new breakouts after I heal my old breakouts. I think I have an oily skin type since I always get oily on my cheeks, nose and forehead. Pleasee give me any suggestions on how to cure my acne.IMG_9119.JPGIMG_9120.JPGIMG_9122.JPG

Get a referral to see a dermatologist and ask them for (ro)Accutane. It is a form of vitamin A which causes cell death in sebaceous glands which in turn substantially reduces the amount of P. acnes bacteria in your skin. There are a number of possible side-effects which you should be aware of before starting treatment so you can weigh up risk vs reward.

Seriously though Accutane is the miracle drug for acne - it is guaranteed to clear your skin.

Wouldnt go accutane,would suggest an oral anti biotic,something along lines of lymecycline,tetracycline,this type of anti biotic.
:)