Clear all

DRY/RED RASH ON ARMS/UPPER HANDS, ANAL FISSURE

MemberMember
(@stressed123)

Posted : 11/13/2017 4:22 pm

Hey everyone

i am on Month 5 now of Accutane
33 year old female.

i started to experience pain when going to bathroom (stool) anywho this started to happen a month in treatment, anywho im a paranoid person so i went to the hospital for check up twice i even requested a colon test, after my second visit to hospital doctor using scope and finger exam dertermined i have a small fissure but enough to cause pain and bleeding at times.
i NEVER had issues like this before prior to accutane so i hope this will go away after i am done treatment.
2 months to go and i hope acne will NEVER COME BACK

i also have very dry, red rash type of thing going on my arms and upper hands its horrible, it hurts to even use HOT water or apply certain lotions to it, i hope this also goes away.

i can deal with this but i hate the pain when passing a stool.

i hope things get better they prescribed me a cream but it's not doing much
i hope this goes away for ever when i am done treatment as we all know accutane will DRY everything, even your anus so i hope this is all caused by dryness.

has anyone else suffered from this? i feel i am alone on this issue =(

MemberMember
(@stressed123)

Posted : 11/23/2017 9:07 am

UPDATE NOV 23 2017

my rash is gone, i kept moisturizing skin with cetaphil body lotion worked great skin is back to normal

but going to the bathroom is not good its horrible, this week has been pain pain pain i am terrified to go for # 2

i apply the cream hospital gave me but i am probaly doing it wrong or it's not doing much i hate this

i am taking benefibre but i will continue doing it, and maybe stick to more soups and less solid foods for a while and maybe instead of going everyday ILL GO EVERY other day unless i really need to i dunno im trying to avoid more damage to fissule ( i had a telescope up there at hospital and anal exam but yet i still worry it's something else but thats my inner paranoia coming out again)

anywways, i am trying to drink as smuch water as possible, MORE FIBRE, and more soups, i hope it helps and i hope this goes away when i am off accutane, i hope it's just the dryness causing this fissule and dryness in the anus SORRY FOR THE TMI but i ave to talk about it i am so strseed with this i just want to be happy and stress free for Christmas and not be in pain when going to bathroom =(

MemberMember
(@stressed123)

Posted : 12/05/2017 2:28 pm

On 11/23/2017 at 9:07 AM, stressed123 said:

UPDATE NOV 23 2017

my rash is gone, i kept moisturizing skin with cetaphil body lotion worked great skin is back to normal

but going to the bathroom is not good its horrible, this week has been pain pain pain i am terrified to go for # 2

i apply the cream hospital gave me but i am probaly doing it wrong or it's not doing much i hate this

i am taking benefibre but i will continue doing it, and maybe stick to more soups and less solid foods for a while and maybe instead of going everyday ILL GO EVERY other day unless i really need to i dunno im trying to avoid more damage to fissule ( i had a telescope up there at hospital and anal exam but yet i still worry it's something else but thats my inner paranoia coming out again)

anywways, i am trying to drink as smuch water as possible, MORE FIBRE, and more soups, i hope it helps and i hope this goes away when i am off accutane, i hope it's just the dryness causing this fissule and dryness in the anus SORRY FOR THE TMI but i ave to talk about it i am so strseed with this i just want to be happy and stress free for Christmas and not be in pain when going to bathroom =(

UPDATE DEC 5 2017

i started to take daily a powder to soften stools i took it for a week and i felt great no pain or discomfort going to bathroom my stools were soft i didnt take it yesterday and i guess i dont know depends on what i am eating i suffered this morning it sucks so bad, i can't wait to be done and over with accutane, i dont even know if this fissure is due to dryness and accutane but it sucks i hope i NEVER Hvae to take accutane again i miss being myself
yes my skin is clear its amazing i am happy with that but i am stressed now with my bum situtation it sux so bad.

MemberMember
(@pimple-pimp)

Posted : 12/09/2017 1:46 am

what dose were you on 1 month in when u started experiencing sides and what dose are you on now

MemberMember
(@stressed123)

Posted : 01/08/2018 12:05 pm

On 12/9/2017 at 1:46 AM, pimple pimp said:

what dose were you on 1 month in when u started experiencing sides and what dose are you on now

hey, im finishing my 6 month course this week
happy but scared at the same time, i really hope i NEVER experience this again or at least i can deal with a few pimples here and there but hope they come and go fast not like before =(

i took 40 MG for 6 months, doctor never increased my dose (i hope this works for me)

anyhow, i started to experience pain when going to bathroom a month into treatment, my doctor said he doesn't think it has anything to do with the medicine but prior to this i never had this issue
went to hospital did some exams, doctor said i have a small anal fissure but it's enough to cause discomfort and pain, i am taking restolax everyday until i am done this and maybe a month or so and hope my natural body oils will fix this issue, to be realistic, our anus is super dry from this medicine you can feel it sorry for the TMI but i talk to another girl we spoke through the months we were on this and she is suffering pain when going to bathroom also, i hope it goes back to normal when we are done, how are you doing?
what month are you on, what is your age? i am 33 (trying to find ppl around my age to see how they are reacting to the medicine) prayers this works for all of us =(