Notifications
Clear all

What type of scars do I have?

MemberMember
(@robinflor)

Posted : 11/13/2017 2:46 pm

Hello,

I wanted to ask what type of scars do I have? And are they severe or shallow? What treatment would be good? RF microneedling? 
Thanks for an answer.

Robin 

_20171113_203907.JPG

_20171113_203934.JPG

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/13/2017 4:47 pm

Looks like smaller boxcar,maybe some smaller rolling type.
:)

MemberMember
(@robinflor)

Posted : 11/13/2017 4:58 pm

I don't know what they are because when I stretch my skin nearly all disappear, but some of them looks more like boxcar I think. I'm a little bit confused :D What treatment would you suggest? :) Is laser too risky? 

MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 11/13/2017 5:29 pm

Our scars look almost EXACTLY alike!!! When I pull mine, they mostly disappear too! I would say mostly boxcar with slight rolling, maybe teeny icepicks too. Usuallylaser is not recommended. What I'm doing: 2-3 subcisions with suction, needling with derminator, and a number of TCA peels :) 

RobinFlor liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 11/13/2017 6:01 pm

RobinFlor liked
MemberMember
(@robinflor)

Posted : 11/13/2017 6:09 pm

@Petsme
Have you already done subcision? 
I think they are too shallow for that. Usually subcision is only done for deeper scars. I think I will try out how Intracel works or maybe fractional CO2 Laser with minimal settings because I don't want to risk anything :)

MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 11/13/2017 6:13 pm

Mine are the same depth as yours. it doesn't really matter the depth for subcision, it matters on whether or not you can get filler afterwards. The fact that they smooth out when pulled means they would be good for subcision. I am on accutane currently, but will get subcision in a few months. Honestly intracel is going to be way better and more recommended by anyone here, over CO2 laser.

•  

Can you post a picture that shows how your scars look when shadowed? Like a dim overhead light or an angled flash light? That will give us the best image to help you. for example, see how lighting and angle shows different scars, try this: scarring 4.JPG

scarring 3.jpg

RobinFlor liked
MemberMember
(@robinflor)

Posted : 11/13/2017 6:40 pm

These are some of my deepest scars in bad lighting 🙁 That's why I hate them so much auf want to improve them. In good light they look very normal, but when the light comes from the side or from above they look deeper 🙁 Especially when I see them in a shop window I hate them all :D But I'm sure all of us know this feelings :D

_20171114_003046.JPG

_20171114_003745.JPG

_20171114_003915.JPG

_20171114_004039.JPG

Last one in direct sunlight. I think it's even better than in a dark room with light from the side 

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/13/2017 6:42 pm

Honestly,shallow boxcar can be dealt with usung strong tca peel,we are talking working the strength from low up into the 30%+ and into even 40%.

tca hits the boxcar bed and penetrates it making it stodgey and it starts to heal.might not be the instant fix but even subcision still takes time with texture work afterwards.

Tca has an hard time with the rollers,the scarring is deeper into the skin and theres no real bed in the scar to get to.bit boxcar,as long as not atrophc can be dealt with using tca peel at high strength.
:)

MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 11/13/2017 7:05 pm

Yes these pictures are very good :) they allow us to see the shadows and atrophy better. Definitely Intracel if you want, and TCA. Subcision may be needed for the deepest ones. I understand how you feel, in some lighting you feel normal and in others you feel like a monster. it sucks 

RobinFlor liked
MemberMember
(@robinflor)

Posted : 11/14/2017 8:21 am

Okay thank you for all the answers :) Then I'm going to try Intracel 2-3 times and look how the results will be.