Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ericie

Do I or Dont I?

Ok can someone tell me if i kinda follow The Regimen if i do this:

-Wake up at 6.30, wash my face with hot water(not to hot offcourse) and sometimes i clean it with some cleaner( no soap) after 15 minutes I apply the Bp (5% cuz i cant get the 2,5%). Then i wait 15 minutes and apply some Moisturizer, my skin feels better immediatly.

-In the evening I take a shower at like 20.30 then i wash my face with cleaner. After 15 minutes I apply the Bp gel again and after that i wait another 15-20 minutes then i apply the moisturizer.

Am i following the Regimen? (cuz personally i am doubting a little)

Thanks!!

I don't know if the Regimen states anything about this anywhere but I think that generally hot water can be really irritating.  Maybe use lukewarm?

Strictly, The Regimen requires 2.5% benzoyl peroxide... however, 5% should work if you can handle the irritation. It may prevent you from applying a sufficient amount.

Ive been on the regimen for over two years now and for over a year I had great success with a 10%BP. I simply applied a very thin layer of it instead of a large amount. I also have always put on the BP 5 seconds after I wash my face, and then the moisturizer immediately after that. I just like to do it because I know my hands are clean rather than having to go back every 15 minutes and wash my hands again. Ive found you can tweak the regimen to your liking and still have good results as long as you have the BP, oil free moisturizer, and gentle cleanser.

Switch to 2.5% for best results, and also go ahead and just gently wash your face in the shower. No need to get out and wash it again. We want to avoid overwashing.

Switch to 2.5% for best results, and also go ahead and just gently wash your face in the shower.  No need to get out and wash it again.  We want to avoid overwashing.