Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ScarredMan

Hypertrophic scars after acne (Photo)

I had a horrific acne breakout about an year a go and had to take 6 months accutane course. Accutane worked like magic and my face is 100% clear, but after that i got these super cool hypertrophic scars on my chest and shoulders, which look like acne but doesn't go away. I know i can't get rid off them completely and i'm okay with that, but when i can start waiting to see even for little improvement? At the moment i use silicone gel. Will it help for theee scars and what do you recommend?

Has anyone else had these? Please share your story.20171111_181646-1.jpg

Get them injected with dilute steroid kenalog (steroid drip or Cryo freezing them). To flatten them out. then you can laser them and there is a separate laser for the color. Silicone can work but often not well on Keloids. It's a auto-immune response of overgrow of skin. See a aesthetics derm, or plastic surgeon. 

For more goto the main acne scar sub, top post is the FAQ, goto the section on keloids and hypertrophic scars.

SO! I finally got my scars injected with corticosteroids. This is the result after SIX (6) days! My scars are getting flatter and paler. And i am healing these for the next three months. Can't wait to see the results then. Dermatologist also prescripted me Dermovat, which is one of the strongest topical corticosteroids. 

If you are in the same situation that i was, go to a dermatologist. Silicone gel wont do shit. I wish this gives a hope to someone else too.

Will keep you updated.

kuva.jpg