Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tca 25-35% pic

Just for education purposes,heres a couple pics of a estimated 25-35% tca peel,just so you understand what to expect.

this is 4 layers!

yep some serious frosting,slight frosting from first layer,slowly progressing to what you see.it tickled the first layer,then hurt the second and third,slightly on the 4th layer.

now just going to use a gentle moisturiser,nothing else.this is my 8th peel after doing 7 previously with 25%,think i will wait longer to heal on this peel for healing to let skin have rest.

know theres a few people active on forum who are going to dive in and we all love pics!

follow all the guide lines,go weak and work way up after progressive peels,apply and wait 28 days at least till next application.might post pics of peel process,wont peel for 2 days yet.
:)

BF9065A7-064F-4785-AA2B-D4C05F66B24D.jpeg

0173BD8B-55D6-4169-A06A-1A0BF0F9E2BE.jpeg

Thanks Quad very helpful. With your permission will add a copy of this to the TCA Peel Thread as it will be helpful

Link of instructions to All Things TCA and Other Acid Peels (How To Do Them / Safety / Etc):

https://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/366754-discussion-all-things-acid-peels-for-scars-tca-full-face-peel-tca-cross-phenol-glycolic-salicylic-methods-and-techniques/?page=1

Hello!! Thank you for posting this :) I can't wait to start my peels in six months!! I'm going to work up SUPER slowly from 12.5%-30%. I really do hope you post some photos of the peeling process! Best of luck!

@Quadboy what would you recommend starting with % wise?  I'm new to peels but I don't care how I look or the amount of downtime needed at all.  If I look bad for a week or so that's perfectly fine with me.  I bought the 30% so I was thinking starting with 15%-20%, think this will be fine?  

I also have a question about the layers added.   Does each layer add a certain percentage to the peel itself?  Do you layer them all at once?

Appreciate it and appreciate the post.

If you got 30% then i would say water it down to 50% so 50-50 same amount water to tca,i use a syringe.just do a test spot first in an inconspicuos place,under your chin,expect red and pain etc.

as for layering,just apply the tca with something suitable,like gauze,wring it out so its not dripping wet,so gentle squeeze with fingers to get rid of excess but leaves the applicatorstill wet,holding enough tca,wear latex gloves!

just apply enough tca to damp or wet your skin and press the applicator but not as to wring tca out,just brush the applicator over the skin.once you fine the entire area once leave the tca for 5 mins to neutralise itself,then repeat process,so each time is 1 layer,so 3 times is 3 layers but not all at once,wait till the tca kind of stops stinging or hurting.

we are not looking at putting tca on in one go,thats just absurd,just 1 layer,let it penetrate and break the layers of skin down,next layer will penetrate further so more breaking diwn then same again.once you start frosting and its similar to my pic then stop,if you dont get any its because the tca is weak or somethings stopping it before it works neutralising it.

so dont keep applying till you get frosting,cos the tca isnt for throwing on your face,as you go stronger its effect increases.

the pain is an indicator that its working.

we trying to peel the rubbish skin and increase skin rejuvination,we are making scars stodgey,such as boxcar so the tethers break up and the healing process heals the scar.it works on scarred pores but its long process but for skin which undulates as the scarring is lower in the skin it wont do much even at 25%.some texture issues are caused by scarring under the skin!

so boxcar and scarred pores its good for,open pores i dont have as far as i am aware.depper the scarring the deeper the treatment has to be but dont think boxcar are deep,yes some can be but some can be shallow enough to break up with strong enough tca to get it stodgey and get it to heal.

15% 1:1
12% 1: 1.5    (4:6)
18% 1: .67   (6:4)
20% 1: .5     (6:3)
25% 1: .2     (10:1)

Drops TCA : drops WATER

ratios from 30% starting concentration, each can be found through the equation: 

C1 x V1 = C2 x V2

C= concentration, V= Volume 

Example 30%, 1 ml to 15%=

.30 x 1 = .15 x V2. Solve for V2 by dividing the first half by .15. You get 2 as V2, which actually equals (V1+ added water ml) so, you add ONE ml of water to give you 2 ml solution in total, giving you a 1:1 ratio of acid to water! 

24 hrs post application,scab now forming.important not to touch skin or damage,just moisturise after washing with warm clean water,massage not rub,pat dry with clean dry towel.apply moisturiser during day to stop skin drying out,stay out of sunlight.

4D5AFD0C-4703-4EF0-AD10-E9338D5FBD88.jpeg

4CD6AB57-BAB8-47D5-9F69-7D689A8DFB63.jpeg

I'm so nervous a peel will go badly for me because I used to be an extreme skin picker :( being on accutane has made me force myself not to pick but UGHH I will want to pull off all the peely skin

@Quadboy Man, you hardly have any scars, and those that you have are minuscule to what I have! What are you crying about??? :) 

BTW thumbs up for the nice outcome. Also when you say "4 layers" does that mean you applied 4 coats of TCA at different times? Did you also use a baking soda to neutralize the TCA afterwards or just washed it off? 

@Sirius Lee- tca is self-neutralizing unless it has been mixed with other, non-self-neutralizing acids (MUAC's TCA peel is NOT self-neutralizing.) It doesn't have to be removed in a special way :) Yeah, his scars are not bad but you can see a few remnants of some, I am guessing his skin has improved a lot from where he started due to all the TCA peels!! Edited by Petsme

A layer is just 1 application,thats the best way to describe applying tca to face/skin.i just let the tca neutralise itself between applications and after the final application just simple warm clean water wash to neutralise it then moisturiser.

It is difficult to determine equivalences between a multi-layer 25% peel compared to a peel with a higher acid concentration.  A comparative biopsy would need to be done to assess wound depth of the two peeling agents. However, I can tell you the multi-layer peels that Quadboy is performing are stronger than a single layer of 30% TCA.  The average wound depth is approximately .25 mm greater with multiple frosts.  Both 25% and 30% tca are light peels without multiple frosts and when you add layers the peel may penetrate into the upper reticular dermis giving you a medium-depth peel.  Doctors usually judge the end point for peels based on the intensity of the frost they are hoping to achieve.  

Edited by UpliftingCat

9 hours ago, Petsme said:
@Sirius Lee- tca is self-neutralizing unless it has been mixed with other, non-self-neutralizing acids (MUAC's TCA peel is NOT self-neutralizing.) It doesn't have to be removed in a special way :) Yeah, his scars are not bad but you can see a few remnants of some, I am guessing his skin has improved a lot from where he started due to all the TCA peels!!

Thanks for the info. When I did a glycolic peel at home a few years ago, I was left with a bad burn when I merely washed my face with water. Luckily, it wasn't too severe to leave any scar. But it definitely spooked me out. Not sure if this is the case with TCA.

29 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

Thanks for the info. When I did a glycolic peel at home a few years ago, I was left with a bad burn when I merely washed my face with water. Luckily, it wasn't too severe to leave any scar. But it definitely spooked me out. Not sure if this is the case with TCA.

You can definitely burn yourself with TCA but it is not a time dependent peel like glycolic acid is, meaning glycolic acid penetrates deeper the longer you leave it on whereas TCA reaches its end point when a frost occurs. 

48hrs post peel,skin is very brown,scabby like,wrinkling,dry and very ready to peel.keep moisturising,now is the time to apply moisturiser several times a day to stop skin drying out.

2328E805-34C4-44FB-99B3-46940F19EB67.jpeg

D623B7F4-A049-41E3-84A6-7DBE56B0D8F8.jpeg

Thank You Quad!

** Please do not compare others scars, he has scarring, peels cause swelling, look at the skin he has a film of dead tight skin. 

30% times 4 is not 120%!

TCA / Peels are all about PH and skin proteins A fresh skin is different than a previously peeled skin surface - effecting layers and percentages. In the full Acid peel Guide (linked in the FAQ) 

https://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/366754-discussion-all-things-acid-peels-for-scars-tca-full-face-peel-tca-cross-phenol-glycolic-salicylic-methods-and-techniques/?page=1

I do NOT recommend beginners do multi layer peels, I have seen things go wrong, I will find the Youtube, a lady burnt herself and did not know as she did multi layers and the outcome was not immediately apparent. If you want to pre-peel (a few days / a day) with a glycolic or Salicylic or Jesnner that is different, effecting penetration (barrier).

This is serious stuff here, we are not slapping on 100% TCA on the skin (you know it can burn down to the fat right, clean grease off car parts, and we all react differently, please patch test a small spot as mentioned in the guide). 

Diluting the peel with water from a higher percentage is better. This is more advanced peeling with layers. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00WPMISqhxw

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul_XO7QFfzw

Please Note This is taken from lovethatface.com Dr Niamatu for educational purposes only.
https://niamtu.wordpress.com/category/chemical-face-peel/

1-6
vesm2jiow

and shave if your a shaver and i have no vlue about applying tca to a bearded face,personaly wouldnt recommend it.5 days before you can have a shave based on my experience,so shave the day you apply and wait till most skin shedded before shaving,you dont want to damage your skin.

Simple brand moisturiser.

you will have to try them out till you find the right one,you fint want redness and burning or clogged pores.

Good post but wow 4 layers, my skin burns like hell and frosts almost immediately with one layer! your skin must be much stronger than mine haha. Good luck with the peels, I'm just waiting for the Christmas holidays to do my 2nd full face peel, 7 days of hiding indoors to look forward to!

3 hours ago, ailaeshiz said:

What do you moisturize with?

For a light peel I usually just use Vanicream.  It's not a thick lotion and works perfect to moisturize the skin when the crust that forms is thin. For the medium depth peels I have been getting, I have to use heavier duty stuff to moisturize so I use Biafine or Aquaphor. I usually do breakout in whiteheads from  Aquaphor but these go away within a couple of days after my skin is done peeling.  Make sure your hands are clean before applying the lotion/emollient to prevent infection.  Edited by UpliftingCat

3rd day post peel,face is peeling,face feels more relaxed rather than dry and tight.the first places to peel i find is the side of nose,mouth and chin,simply because we move this area during day.you can see the layer of dry dead skin,now its important to moisturise,plenty of it several times a day,the dangley bits are cut off with a scissor carefully.

4E7094CB-192E-440C-B9DE-9E3F6FB45E92.jpeg

1D0F8BDC-99C9-46CC-8E4D-DBBF2AAC9CF5.jpeg