Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DazedandConfused

Anyone tried Colonblow?

I found this forum recently, and am really intriqued by the abundance of information. I have had acne since being a teen (20+ years now), with no help from dermatologists at all; unless you consider drying my skin and causing intestinal problems with antibiotics to be help, that is. While I have ordered the supplies to do the longterm colon cleanse, has anyone heard of or tried a product I found on the net called "Colonblow"? I know it sounds like a joke, but the ingredients look safe, and it promises fast results, so I ordered that also. What experiences, positive or negative, has anyone encountered while doing a colon cleanse / liver flush?

Never heard of Colonblow. Just make sure it doesn't contain any form of laxative otherwise the body can become used to it and you will end up with lots of problems.

My fave colon cleanser is Oxypowder. It is amazing stuff.

Most people experience detox symptoms when they use a colon cleanser. Often it releases a lot of trapped toxins which can cause headaches and numerous other symptoms but after the initial problems everything should improve.

Due to modern diet the bowel rarely works efficiently anymore and is actually pivotal to your general health. Anything you can do to help your body out will be of benefit.

1) Anything called Colonblow is a scam.

2) Your liver is not congested.

3) Your colon is not toxic.

4) Your system is not rotting.

5) Your acne isn't caused by anything involving your digestive system.

4) Your system is not rotting.

"QUOTE(BenKweller @ Dec 7 2004, 09:53 PM)

Unlikely a scam more likely a dodgy name."

True -- but the majority of bad products have bad names.

"QUOTE

Maybe true, you would have to know the person and have performed tests to know."

A 30-year-old with a congested liver would have terrible pain from the liver, inability to digest complex carbs, etc... I doubt this is the case of someone who just has some acne from their teenage years.

"QUOTE

Same as above answer"

Symptom of toxic colon: Chronic diarrhea, severe dehydration, chronic vomitting. Toxic colons can kill people -- again, someone with a skin disorder probably doesn't have this.

"QUOTE

In your opinion. Your colon is pivotal to your whole nutrient absorption and general health. If you are deficient in certain vitamins then your acne can be worsened. Modern diet is often to blame for poor colon function. Anything you can do which would help to improve waste disposal and nutrient absorption would be of benefit."

Yes but you underestimate just how good our bodies are at disposing of waste and absorbing nutrients. I have yet to see any doctor conclusively say that Americans have trouble digesting food -- again, if this was true, chronic diarrhea. smile.gif

Ben what you are describing are symptoms of a seriously toxic colon and if that was the case you would need something a little more serious than colonblow.

Having not seen colonblow I am assuming but if it is similar to most of the colon cleansers out there then it will help rid your body of mucoid plaque which despite how well you believe the body functions isn't good and is better not to have it. A lot believe it is modern diet and high amounts of junk food which cause a build up. Certain stars when they have been autopsied have had very excessive amounts and were well known for their burger munching. The plaque reduces the effectiveness of the colon. Products along the same lines as colonblow also help increase bowel movements. Despite what most people believe 1 bowel movement a day is not healthy. I wont go in to the details of why I believe people have less bowel movements than they used to because I am sure you probably have a few template answers ready to fire back at me.

Anyway,

bye.

"Having not seen colonblow I am assuming but if it is similar to most of the colon cleansers out there then it will help rid your body of mucoid plaque which despite how well you believe the body functions isn't good and is better not to have it."

The question is how much "mucoid plaque" is present in healthy 30 year olds. Not much and definitely not enough to make a difference is the answer.

"I wont go in to the details of why I believe people have less bowel movements than they used to because I am sure you probably have a few template answers ready to fire back at me."

Sounds like your other post where you (incorrectly) claim that acne is more prevalent now than 50 years ago.

Ok so rather than me providing information for you then to say I made it up or they are all quacks, how about you prove me wrong. Show me some believable evidence that acne is not more wide spread now than 50 years ago. Make it at least two sources. Then maybe we can have an intelligent discussion rather than your usual almost templated answers.

why would you blow your colon out? Do you have problems going to the bathroom? Eat fiber. It's a lot healthier, and not only for intestines...

Come on......this ColonBlow thing is a pile of sh*t (excuse the pun) tongue.gif, a scam, or at best a very cheap attempt at a detox treatment. The website is beyond a joke.....

user posted image

I think you would be wasting your time and money on it. eusa_hand.gif If you want to try a detox treatment, investigate the different types of treatment available (like colonic irrigation) and choose one that is offered by a reputable company.

So you are basically saying you can't by firing my own comments back at me.  Your mind is already made up on this subject so I would have a hard time convincing you otherwise.  However I have an open mind and if you can prove me wrong, I will of course except it and thank you for teaching me something new.  However I don't think you will, not because it isn't possible that I could be wrong but because it goes against your usual posting style of actually providing evidence to back up your claims.  It works both ways, I could provide evidence and so could you so as I said in my other post prove me wrong, why should everyone always have to prove you wrong.  You never seem to actually provide any evidence other than your own personal beliefs.

On another board I visit there was talk that Ben was part of the Quackwatch team sent out to cause some trouble and dispute holistic treatments. I personally don't think he is, I just think he is very closed minded and could do with telling us why he thinks we are wrong instead of typing "your wrong" or something similar all the time. I like the way he uses as many big words as possible often without truly understanding what they mean by using them in the wrong context which makes us all realise he isn't as clever as he likes to make out. I am still not convinced he is in his 20's, more likely an angry 15 year old pretending to be something he isn't to people who don't really care.

Take care of yourself Ebby.

On another board I visit there was talk that Ben was part of the Quackwatch team sent out to cause some trouble and dispute holistic treatments.  I personally don't think he is, I just think he is very closed minded and could do with telling us why he thinks we are wrong instead of typing "your wrong" or something similar all the time.  I like the way he uses as many big words as possible often without truly understanding what they mean by using them in the wrong context which makes us all realise he isn't as clever as he likes to make out.  I am still not convinced he is in his 20's, more likely an angry 15 year old pretending to be something he isn't to people who don't really care. 

Take care of yourself Ebby.

And after all, we are merely posting our own experiences and hoping that it may just save someone else's suffering. Most of us have no credentials in this holistic area (including BenK) but we have all been stiffed by the alot of medical docs; therefore we've been left to our own resources for answers. I have been down a looong road to recovery myself and most of the solutions to my health issues were from my own research, as well as trial & error. I fortunately have had the assistance of a few pioneering medical doctors who have dared to speak out against traditional medicine. If I had continued to follow the advice of doctors with the same mindset as BenK, I wouldn't be alive today....that's a fact.

Yes Denise. We know -- severe liver toxicity; I bet you were barely about to drink water.

"On another board I visit there was talk that Ben was part of the Quackwatch team sent out to cause some trouble and dispute holistic treatments."

No -- I'm not (though Quackwatch is a great resource). You guys clearly have a grudge at the fact that I disrupt the little world of, "This seems right, right?" "I dunno but I'll be nice and say yeah to make you feel better." While ColonBlow surely sounds like something backed by medical trials and real doctors...

And again you sidestepped my asking you for evidence; I simply don't want to be because why should I do the work to just disprove your shitty charge if you can't back it up in the first place? Example -- I come here and say, "Electrons can never be seen and, therefore, electricity doesn't exist." I have nothing to back up my claim besides hearsay (yeah electrons can't be seen) yet you would expect it to be your job to prove me wrong? No -- it's my job to prove myself right.

And yes, I am an angst driven 15-year-old who just loves pretending to be something that I'm not. It's always easier to calm yourself when you're shown to be wrong by trying to dehumanize someone else (I would do this if I were wrong, too).

There you go again...MOCKING my health problems. You can't help yourself, I know.

For your information, I had joint pain so severe at age 25 I couldn't grasp a door knob to open it with my right hand (I'm right handed).

You embarass yourself over and over. Will you please go to etiquette school and learn how to deal with adults? I'm serious. I'm so sick of your immaturity.

GROW UP.

What are the possible side effects of minocycline?

• If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking minocycline and seek emergency medical attention or contact your doctor immediately:

· an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives);

· severe headache, vision changes, or confusion;

· liver damage (yellowing of the skin or eyes, nausea, abdominal pain or discomfort, unusual bleeding or bruising, severe fatigue); or

· blood problems (fever, fatigue, easy bruising or bleeding).

• If you experience any of the following less serious side effects, continue to take minocycline and talk to your doctor:

· nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea;

· increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight;

· dizziness;

· swollen tongue; or

· vaginal yeast infection.

• Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.