Found a supplement ...

Notifications
Clear all

Found a supplement that works but

MemberMember
(@minnie90)

Posted : 11/09/2017 5:47 pm

Hello

I found a supplement that works very well to reduce my oily skin and also the breakouts. It contains the vitamins and minerals in the picture,  and i take 4 per day. 2 in the morning and 2 at bedtime.  It also contains silicea, nutritional yeast, alphaalpha, sea alge and nettle. 

IMG_20171109_215217.png

The thing is i am very happy that i found something that works this well, but around 2 weeks ago, i was empty and untill i got the hold of a new box, my oil and breakouts came back so fast 

This reminded me..  that this supplement is not a permanent cure.. And even though i got a new box now, i would really like to find the root cause to my excessive sebum production. 

I hoped somebody here could please help me get some orientation about what my problems are based on the things that have worked for me and haven't worked. So i will list up the things i tried and my experience with them and their effectiveness to me. 

First. My acne started when i was 12 and now i am 27. My skin is not a typical oily skin type, my pores are small but some places they have gotten bigger over time because of scars and oil production.. 

When i breakout, I get all kinds of acne. Blackheads, whiteheads, cysts. It seems like the breakouts have moved around on my face, up untill 23-24 years, i never used to have problems on the cheeks, before this time it was mainly my tzone, especially forhead and temples. 
But now my breakout are mostly on the cheeks and the jaw, around the mouth.  Above the eyebrows. One period i used to get alot of cyst between the eyebrows. 

Topically in the past i have tried lactic acid peels, cleanser with glycolic acid and cream/serums with glycolic acid which had a good effect, but i still broke out and the routine was like a ritual i had to do every day, and it was not even 100% so i kept on searching and after reading about the cavemen i wanted to give it a try. This did not help at all. My skin clogged up and was greasy and horrible. (i gave it a couple of months) it "normalized" after all the acids but this was not normal skin. There was oil and probably skin that i could literally scrape away. Especially on the forhead, chin. 

My washing routine now is very simple. I think it gets worse the more i do. 

I wash face 2 times a day, applying a mixture of snailcream/aloe vera gel with 3 drops of tea tree oil to the face. 

I think diet plays a role in the breakouts, but not in the excessive oil production that my body has and always had.  It is like if i eat the wrong foods the acne becomes worse, but diet alone never got me totally clear, because the body "naturally " makes too much oil anyway. 

I have been vegetarian. No difference 
100 % milkfree. No changes. 
Glutenfree. I am still off gluten, i think this is giving me cysts(maybe carbs) . 
Fat free (yes the McDougall diet) no changes, maybe even worse. 
Paleo. And i am still partly paleo, but this did not take away the underlying oil production. 

I think fat free, high carb, low fat made me breakout more because i think i have some issues with the glucose/bloodsugar. Because in the period i was on McDougall i was so fatigued and i could barley get trough the day, in the end my hands were shaking and it was a nightmare. I went back to my modified paleo and my overall feeling is so much better and i am starting to get back the energy. 

I definitely think that carbs or the insulinresistens is giving me breakouts and aggrevating my skin, but this is not the only issue. 

I have tried things for the hormones aswell, like progesterone cream, wild yam, dim,sparemint, the good omegas. But i didn't notice any changes at all, maybe just worse. 

I have done the candida diet.

I think i am reacting to cooking oils and those oils in fast food, junk food. It gives me cyst on the shoulders. 

Things i know have a good effect on me is sun, magnesium, obviously everything in this supplement i am taking, probiotics, tea tree oil, sleep, my modified "high protein, low carb, medium fat diet(from natural sources) " .. 

Things that makes me more oily and more breakouts is bad oils( fat from meat and milk is fine), high carb diet, oil on the skin(my own sebum and from creams). Nuts,  stress, lack of sleep, humid air..  

For some reason my skin seemed better when i was pregnant but the hormonal therapy i tried didn't change anything. I also tried blocking the testosterone but nothing. 

I am really out of ideas what could be causing my body to produce the excessive sebum, i tried so many things  and i will probably edit the post later cause i know i have forgot to mention everything , but still didn't find the last missing link to solve this issue, just things that keep it partly under control and i don't even know why i am still dealing with this.  Everyone in my family has beautiful clear skin and never had any skin issues..  i am also a bit worried taking supplements over a long period of time, it can't be just good that either..  

Thank you if you read this far and sorry for a bit messy post. 

MemberMember
(@juicy-c)

Posted : 07/09/2018 10:23 am

Im in the same boat :(Tried everything!

MemberMember
(@besimple)

Posted : 07/09/2018 4:18 pm

Acne and oily skin is genetic ( this just means it is in your DNA, meaning it is encoded in  the way your body works, and you do not have to have inherited it from anybody; my mom have perfect skin but I do not). I said all that to say this, acne cannot be cured; its symptoms can only be managed. If you find something that works, make sure it is safe because you will probably need it until you out grow this stage of your development. I am about to turn 25 and I still break out if I am not on a consistent routine.
In a nutshell, acne is genetic and nothing right now on the market can change your DNA. You can only counter it, but once whatever is countering it leaves your system, DNA goes back to reigning supreme, again! 
Judging by everything you have tried, I can tell you are a very determined person. I have every faith that you will surely get to your destination (perfect skin) if you keep doing what works for you. Finally, combining both supplements and a good, gentle, effective skin care routine can make a world of difference :) 
GoodLuck 

MemberMember
(@tealladder)

Posted : 11/15/2018 11:16 pm

On 11/9/2017 at 4:47 PM, Minnie90 said:

Hello

I found a supplement that works very well to reduce my oily skin and also the breakouts. It contains the vitamins and minerals in the picture,  and i take 4 per day. 2 in the morning and 2 at bedtime.  It also contains silicea, nutritional yeast, alphaalpha, sea alge and nettle. 

IMG_20171109_215217.png

The thing is i am very happy that i found something that works this well, but around 2 weeks ago, i was empty and untill i got the hold of a new box, my oil and breakouts came back so fast 

This reminded me..  that this supplement is not a permanent cure.. And even though i got a new box now, i would really like to find the root cause to my excessive sebum production. 

I hoped somebody here could please help me get some orientation about what my problems are based on the things that have worked for me and haven't worked. So i will list up the things i tried and my experience with them and their effectiveness to me. 

First. My acne started when i was 12 and now i am 27. My skin is not a typical oily skin type, my pores are small but some places they have gotten bigger over time because of scars and oil production.. 

When i breakout, I get all kinds of acne. Blackheads, whiteheads, cysts. It seems like the breakouts have moved around on my face, up untill 23-24 years, i never used to have problems on the cheeks, before this time it was mainly my tzone, especially forhead and temples. 
But now my breakout are mostly on the cheeks and the jaw, around the mouth.  Above the eyebrows. One period i used to get alot of cyst between the eyebrows. 

Topically in the past i have tried lactic acid peels, cleanser with glycolic acid and cream/serums with glycolic acid which had a good effect, but i still broke out and the routine was like a ritual i had to do every day, and it was not even 100% so i kept on searching and after reading about the cavemen i wanted to give it a try. This did not help at all. My skin clogged up and was greasy and horrible. (i gave it a couple of months) it "normalized" after all the acids but this was not normal skin. There was oil and probably skin that i could literally scrape away. Especially on the forhead, chin. 

My washing routine now is very simple. I think it gets worse the more i do. 

I wash face 2 times a day, applying a mixture of snailcream/aloe vera gel with 3 drops of tea tree oil to the face. 

I think diet plays a role in the breakouts, but not in the excessive oil production that my body has and always had.  It is like if i eat the wrong foods the acne becomes worse, but diet alone never got me totally clear, because the body "naturally " makes too much oil anyway. 

I have been vegetarian. No difference 
100 % milkfree. No changes. 
Glutenfree. I am still off gluten, i think this is giving me cysts(maybe carbs) . 
Fat free (yes the McDougall diet) no changes, maybe even worse. 
Paleo. And i am still partly paleo, but this did not take away the underlying oil production. 

I think fat free, high carb, low fat made me breakout more because i think i have some issues with the glucose/bloodsugar. Because in the period i was on McDougall i was so fatigued and i could barley get trough the day, in the end my hands were shaking and it was a nightmare. I went back to my modified paleo and my overall feeling is so much better and i am starting to get back the energy. 

I definitely think that carbs or the insulinresistens is giving me breakouts and aggrevating my skin, but this is not the only issue. 

I have tried things for the hormones aswell, like progesterone cream, wild yam, dim,sparemint, the good omegas. But i didn't notice any changes at all, maybe just worse. 

I have done the candida diet.

I think i am reacting to cooking oils and those oils in fast food, junk food. It gives me cyst on the shoulders. 

Things i know have a good effect on me is sun, magnesium, obviously everything in this supplement i am taking, probiotics, tea tree oil, sleep, my modified "high protein, low carb, medium fat diet(from natural sources) " .. 

Things that makes me more oily and more breakouts is bad oils( fat from meat and milk is fine), high carb diet, oil on the skin(my own sebum and from creams). Nuts,  stress, lack of sleep, humid air..  

For some reason my skin seemed better when i was pregnant but the hormonal therapy i tried didn't change anything. I also tried blocking the testosterone but nothing. 

I am really out of ideas what could be causing my body to produce the excessive sebum, i tried so many things  and i will probably edit the post later cause i know i have forgot to mention everything , but still didn't find the last missing link to solve this issue, just things that keep it partly under control and i don't even know why i am still dealing with this.  Everyone in my family has beautiful clear skin and never had any skin issues..  i am also a bit worried taking supplements over a long period of time, it can't be just good that either..  

Thank you if you read this far and sorry for a bit messy post. 

This sounds exactly like my skin.

MemberMember
(@starrynebula)

Posted : 12/04/2018 5:12 pm

Oh, so familiar symptoms (acid helps a bit, but hormons, diet, or topical treatments does not do anything)... Cutting carbs helped me a bit with oiliness combined also with totally non-harsh very hydrating skincare (I went towards Korean multilayering). Nothing did help with acne, though, only one kind of oral antibiotics...

MemberMember
(@milkysweet)

Posted : 03/17/2021 2:28 am

On 7/9/2018 at 11:23 PM, Juicy.C said:

Im in the same boat :(Tried everything!

You're not alone, let's just hope that It will not get worse.