Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Acne is a funny thing!!. For over 5 years I have been dealing with this damn disease until about 7 months ago when I decided to put aside my fears and try accutance.

I used to be a regular visitor to this board for over a year and a half and during that time made a lot of good friends on these boards. A few still remain but most have gone because one way or another they have gotten clear and for the last 5 months this has been the case for myself.

Where once there was a need to come to the boards each day and read and respond to those who suffered from this disease I have now been able to go out and live my life for probably the first time.

At 21 I am now able to go do all the things that I so wanted to do but my terrible skin held me back from doing which sounds stupid but the emotional wreckage acne creates is something those who don’t suffer from acne will never understand.

Finally I feel so free like I have never felt before. Life is so fantastic that sometimes I need to stop and remember all the hard times because they seem so far back in my mind but I can say at one point I was as low as any person could possibly be.

My face used to break out all over and my upper back and shoulders were full of cysts to the point I would never take my shirt off and thus held myself back from being intimate with girls always making excuses not do things with my friends and family and constantly trying to hide my face.

I am just posting to thank everyone on this board and especially Dan and hope that people can see me as an inspiration because where many of you are now is where I have been and I know how much it hurts.

Jesse

wait, nevermind why the fuck would i take accutane without seeing a derm?? i mean blood tests and shit need to be done...

i dont want to shit out my liver just because i want clear skin. marijuana is my momma.

there has to be another way to get clear. why does it seem like iraqis are always the ones with clear skin?? i've never seen an iraqi insurgent that has acne. stupid world.

well most cultures outside of the US dont indulge themselves as much with food that's not too good for them. Like cheeseburgers and hotdogs for example.

which seems to tell me that its all in what you eat!!!

you guys are right though..i wonder what its like waking up everyday over there for some of them? some of them probably have to think of how their going to eat, where their going to go that day...or if they'll live to see another day.

of course im sure this is not the case with some.