Notifications
Clear all

Limiting white rice

MemberMember
(@happinesswasdisruptedsinceacne)

Posted : 11/08/2017 10:47 pm

Im an asian (philippines) and i can't stop eating white rice because it is a part of our everyday meal i mean we eat rice 3x a day and everyday. And because im having breakout its my 5th day of cutting sugar and gluten the best as i can. I only eat fruits,vegetables and fish and taking vit c and multivitamin.

Is limiting my rice intake a day will help? I mean one cup of rice a day? because i cannot not eat rice in a day bc i need energy.

MemberMember
(@tania-crowe)

Posted : 11/09/2017 5:34 am

White rice is a high glycemic food that is starchy and will raise your blood sugar levels as well as cause inflammation, this will cause more acne or aggravate it and make it worse. On the other hand, brown rice is more nutrient dense and a lower glycemic food which actually has health benefits and won't spike blood sugar levels or cause further inflammation. Brown rice contains fiber, vitamin b1, magnesium and more... These nutrients along with the low glycemic index don't cause blood sugar problems or inflammation which can cause more acne. So if you do eat rice, eat brown rice only! or if you do eat white rice be sure to have it in small amounts with vegetables as well.

MemberMember

Posted : 11/09/2017 7:43 am

2 hours ago, Tania Crowe said:

White rice is a high glycemic food that is starchy and will raise your blood sugar levels as well as cause inflammation, this will cause more acne or aggravate it and make it worse. On the other hand, brown rice is more nutrient dense and a lower glycemic food which actually has health benefits and won't spike blood sugar levels or cause further inflammation. Brown rice contains fiber, vitamin b1, magnesium and more... These nutrients along with the low glycemic index don't cause blood sugar problems or inflammation which can cause more acne. So if you do eat rice, eat brown rice only! or if you do eat white rice be sure to have it in small amounts with vegetables as well.

Thank you so much for your suggestion i'll try to buy a brown rice

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 12/10/2017 11:38 pm

Try to take it one step at a time, You can't change it drastically as you're used to it but I guess try incorporating it to your diet gradually so your system will accept the new changes. Good luck!

MemberMember

Posted : 12/11/2017 5:39 am

I am skinny but i losing weight when im cutting back to rice wtf

MemberMember
(@pimple-pimp)

Posted : 12/11/2017 6:29 am

actually for me wholegrains are highly inflammatory. oats, brown rice, whole wheat etc. And worsen my acne

i do fine with white rice and as part of a balanced meal nothing to worry about.

also im curious what are popular breakfast meals in philippines i didnt know they ate rice for breakfast thats cool

MemberMember

Posted : 12/20/2017 6:34 am

On 12/11/2017 at 7:29 PM, pimple pimp said:

actually for me wholegrains are highly inflammatory. oats, brown rice, whole wheat etc. And worsen my acne

i do fine with white rice and as part of a balanced meal nothing to worry about.

also im curious what are popular breakfast meals in philippines i didnt know they ate rice for breakfast thats cool

Most filipinos prefer rice for breakfast bcos it makes us full and energized and to have the energy through out the day or maybe rice is just very common to us that whatever time it is rice is available in our table. Additional trivia, when we feel hungry, rice is the first thing we want to eat lol. But popular breakfast here in the philippines are sopas (macaroni pasta soup w/ veggies and milk), champorado (a sweet chocolate rice porridge),the famous Fried Rice w/ Tuyo (dried fish that fried), and Pandesal especially in the early morning (Fresh baked soft bread).