Notifications
Clear all

Accutane caused Keratosis Pilaris?

MemberMember
(@hellfire1309)

Posted : 11/08/2017 2:19 am

Im a 26 year old male and have never had KP before. I finished a 6 month Accutane course for mild acne about 2 months ago. But just recently I have started getting KP pretty bad all over my arms and on my chest. Anybody have any idea whats up?

MemberMember
(@accutane123456)

Posted : 11/09/2017 12:18 pm

Im the opposite. I had kp all my life. I'm on week 2 of accutane and it's actually cleared a lot. My derm told me some ppl with kp benefit from accutane, but for others, because of the dryness, can cause it too.

MemberMember
(@pleasehelp123)

Posted : 11/11/2017 12:02 am

I also had mild case of KP on my arms after taking a course of accutane (5 years ago). This has subsided as time as gone on and is minimal now. Accutane also left me with a mild case of Seb Derm.

Weather can affect KP. Keep the area moisturized - treatment will need to be ongoing, can start with over the counter products, if this doesnt work and its really bothering you speak with your doctor of Dermatologist regarding alternative treatment.

MemberMember
(@hellfire1309)

Posted : 12/28/2017 3:26 am

Yeah Ive seen my derm and he gave me a few lotions and i keep it very well moisturized and nothing seems to work. Its pissing me off bc Ive never had this before so Im 100% accutane caused it. Literally 3 months ago my skin was completely clear. It came out of nowhere.