Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest PinkStar

Everyday I fight a war against the mirroir

Guest PinkStar

Hi, I'm a 21 year-old girl and I'm new on this site. Since no one in my entourage seems to understand me, I come here in hope to find some little help from people living with the same problem as me,acne. I never really dealed with major acne breakouts during puberty but now that I'm 21, everything just pops out!Big time! I'm so ashamed of myself, I really can't deal with how I look. I can't put a foot outside my door or be in front of family members without any foundation and powder on. The only one that sees my natural skin is my cat!

I grew up in an environment where perfection was reflexion of success.Now that I gained a few pounds since the last 3 months and that my skin is breaking out more then I thought could be possible, I'm loosing every self-confidence I could have, locking myself at home,turning down invitations, walking head down on the street. Sometimes, I even take 1 hour 1/2 to get ready just to go get some milk at the grocery store around the corner but finally end up not going since I just don,t want people to see me. The girls I used to hang out with had everything: cute boyfriends,money,attention,perfect hair,designer clothes,their own new cars,perfect toned and tanned bodies,ev-ery-thing!Stopped talking to them 'cause hanging out with them just made me feel more miserable.It helped a little but now,I just feel even more alone.

I can't stop comparing myself with eand and every girl I see.Each of them have something better than me,making me feel like the worst person ever.Don't know what to do with myself, I just feel so depress, and no one seems to care, telling me that it's not important, that there are more importants things in life but all of their talking doesn't help my problem, the acne is still there and to me, it IS a problem! Could anyone help me find a way to appreciate life again? Can anyone tell me it will get better? Please, I really need the help!

Thank you so much for listening to me.I'm waiting for an answer...

A girl who only wishes to feel beautiful in her own skin

Aye, I'm not a girl, but i've had that problem for 2 years. I started getting acne real bad when I turned 15, I'm talking huge cysts on my forehead, major breakouts on my cheeks and chin, and whiteheads all over. I felt like the dirt I walk on everyday. I would also turn down invitations to go places and I would always wear a hat to hide my face. What helped me get back into enjoying life was observing how my acne was actually affecting me, and seeing if it really had any affect on my friends and girlfriends....

Guess what...it didn't...

Not one of my friends ever said anything bad about my acne, actually some wanted to help me which is great. You have to remember that your friends like you for who you are, friendship changes the way you look at people, they don't see you with acne, they see you for the person you really are. And those other people, if they have a problem with your acne, screw them! Why would you want to get to know them anyways? Just make sure to be your self, be happy, be energetic, don't let something as stupid as the way your face looks bring you down! Like I said, get out with your friends and be obervative, you will notice that they don't care about your acne. Theres been three things that have majorley helped me, and that's listening to music when I start feeling down about my looks, getting out with friends, and using the regimen.

Peace smile.gif

Hi, I'm a 21 year-old girl and I'm new on this site. Since no one in my entourage seems to understand me, I come here in hope to find some little help from people living with the same problem as me,acne. I never really dealed with major acne breakouts during puberty but now that I'm 21, everything just pops out!Big time! I'm so ashamed of myself, I really can't deal with how I look. I can't put a foot outside my door or be in front of family members without any foundation and powder on. The only one that sees my natural skin is my cat!

I grew up in an environment where perfection was reflexion of success.Now that I gained a few pounds since the last 3 months and that my skin is breaking out more then I thought could be possible, I'm loosing every self-confidence I could have, locking myself at home,turning down invitations, walking head down on the street. Sometimes, I even take 1 hour 1/2 to get ready just to go get some milk at the grocery store around the corner but finally end up not going since I just don,t want people to see me. The girls I used to hang out with had everything: cute boyfriends,money,attention,perfect hair,designer clothes,their own new cars,perfect toned and tanned bodies,ev-ery-thing!Stopped talking to them 'cause hanging out with them just made me feel more miserable.It helped a little but now,I just feel even more alone.

I can't stop comparing myself with eand and every girl I see.Each of them have something better than me,making me feel like the worst person ever.Don't know what to do with myself, I just feel so depress, and no one seems to care, telling me that it's not important, that there are more importants things in life but all of their talking doesn't help my problem, the acne is still there and to me, it IS a problem! Could anyone help me find a way to appreciate life again? Can anyone tell me it will get better? Please, I really need the help!

Thank you so much for listening to me.I'm waiting for an answer...

A girl who only wishes to feel beautiful in her own skin

You are not alone pinkstar. I know how it is. There was a time (just recently), where I just couldn’t function at all because of my damn acne. I hated going out as I would only see those picture perfect girls out there. I’m still pretty much the same way so I don’t know if I have the right to give some advice. smile.gif

Anyway, I’ve been more positive lately. I know acne sucks, but I’m determined to get rid of this. I just need lots of patience. I look forward to each new day with hopes that I’m getting closer to that day where I will finally be clear again.

Things will get better. Hang in there!

This song by Bethany Dillon Called "Beautiful" probably describes how you are feeling I posted it for a girl who was feeling much like you are probably a year back so Ill post it again

Beautiful- Bethany Dillon

I was so unique

Now I feel skin deep

I count on the make-up to cover it all

Crying myself to sleep cause I cannot keep their attention

I thought I could be strong

But it's killing me

Does someone hear my cry?

I'm dying for new life

Chorus

I want to be beautiful

Make you stand in awe

Look inside my heart,

and be amazed

I want to hear you say

Who I am is quite enough

Just want to be worthy of love

And beautiful

Sometimes I wish I was someone other than me

Fighting to make the mirror happy

Trying to find whatever is missing

Won't you help me back to glory

Chorus

You make me beautiful

You make me stand in awe

You step inside my heart, and I am amazed

I love to hear You say

Who I am is quite enough

You make me worthy of love and beautiful

PinkStar,

i know how you feel. i am 20 myself and when i look around, i feel like everyone's life is full of college craziness except mines...

maybe you should try to open yourself up about it, see how your friends see it and if they'll be there for you. my friend once asked her friend how he got rid of his acne for me because i was too shy to even talk about it.

try to fight it...i know it's tempting to stand around and mop all day but start trying treatments, find out about the possibilites of controlling your acne...

also, check out this website. it has helped me in ways talking to friends could never...mainly because they could never empathize with my situation...

Hey pinkstar,

I know what you're going through 100% I havent been out of my house really for the last 4 months. I wont go anywhere where theres lots of people anyway. I have had the hardest struggle against acne and its just about coming to an end, sort of.. although, i have to admit, its taking its time (4.5 months on accutane)

There are treatments out there though and maybe once your active acne is minimal, you'll be able to get out there and show the world what you're made of. I know its difficult though cos i still cant do it. I didnt go to uni this year because of my skin. I am taking another year out.

I hope it doesnt get you too down. Hang in there and look into treatments,

Frankie smile.gif

Your life sounds like mine cry.gif For the last nearly 4 years now i've lived a sorry existance.I quit college,didn't go to uni,and now i don't have a job.I hardly ever go out.It's so,so sad that we feel like this.I'm trying my damned hardest to tell myself that i just need to get on with my life regardless of my skin!I know spots aren't what should be the most important thing in my life,life has more meaning than that,but i just can't seem to apply that to everyday life and i just continue to hide away.I hope we all find peace...

Guest PinkStar

Wow! Never thought I would get a response and look at that..all these people giving good encouragement words!You guys are awesome! It's really nice to see that I'm not alone feeling the way I do and there are people out there who care.Thanks a lot, your words really help. Wish I could have such a positive attitude like most of you seem to have.Maybe with time,things will change.I attached 2 pictutres of my face to show my acne problem,do you guys think the regimen could help?

Keep posting, or send me messages.

Thanks again xxx

I guess if everyone had acne it wouldn't be a problem. I know how you feel when just looking at someone else makes you feel inferior: they've got clear skin and you haven't. That's usually not true, you've probably got many great things going for you but you can only focus on the problems.

My advice would be not to focus on the problems, look back at your achievements and the good things that you have going for you. It can be hard but remember that acne is something that can be beaten.

pinkstar you are fucking cute. wub.gif

and you dont have that much acne.

i started erupting back with like 10 cysts on my face in june. it was horrible for me too. i went to go visit family who i hadnt seen in a year, and my cousins all laughed at me cause they all have perfect skin. even my aunt was like OMG LITTLE PAULIE HAD SUCH PERFECT SKIN NOW ITS ALL MESSED UP.

and you know what i told everyone to go fuck themselves.

none of my friends ever said anything about my pimples. in fact its like i dont even have pimples.

you have to live life like you dont have pimples. dont isolate urself. its just pimples. wear makeup if u desire and to be honest ur really cute i dont see what ur big problem is. you have nothing to worry about.

-Paul

it doesnt look bad at all, i wouldnt worry too much. try vinegar and Bp combo...works great for me. specially if your face gets oily.

Guest PinkStar

thanks you guys but to me it looks awful.I wish I couldn't worry too much about it but it's just so there.Plus, I used to have no pimples at all so having a lot suddenly just brings me down.Oh well...maybe with times things will get better.

P.S.:StinkomanK,your snowboarding pics are awesome!