Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
goner410

70% gylcolic acid treatment

hi, i just wanted to know how to perform a patch test for the acid, and if i can somehow reduce the 70% to like 50% or 30% gycolic acid for the face. its actually for my grandma who has age spots and some scars. is it safe to use it? i bought the acid from a esthetian, but she moved suddenly and her instructions were not really clear on how to use the 70%. she did say to use the neuralizer like soap and baking soda. plz help thx

Hi, you need to have another Esthetician or someone that is at least under a doctor's supervision do strong peels like that. Older women seem to enjoy really strong peels because they also reduce wrinkles and age spots. Maybe some of you older women here like Emma* or OursFan* could offer some advice. *ducks*

* razz.gif (These are just jokes)

A patch test is simply applying a very small amount of the product to a very small area of your face which is less noticeable. Sorry - I can't help you in regard to how to dilute the acid. You might consider contacting the manufacturer of the product or purchasing the % you wish to use. I would suggest you research peels in depth before attempting to apply yourself.

i would not start out with 70%,

try a 10% and get up to 70%

if you experience trouble with say 30% then u know that 70% would have killed.

ALso the skin needs to build up a tolerance to this stuff so 70% right away may be bad

Hi, you need to have another Esthetician or someone that is at least under a doctor's supervision do strong peels like that. Older women seem to enjoy really strong peels because they also reduce wrinkles and age spots. Maybe some of you older women here like Emma* or OursFan* could offer some advice. *ducks*

* razz.gif  (These are just jokes)

brave man. 

acne scarring will be the least of your worries if these women get a hold of you.  eusa_shifty.gif

Edited by oldguy