Notifications
Clear all

Is it possible in the future there will be a treatment for sun damage?

MemberMember
(@mjg713)

Posted : 11/02/2017 6:53 pm

I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge to whether it would be possible in the future to have a treatment to reverse or repair sun damaged skin?

MemberMember
(@upliftingcat)

Posted : 11/02/2017 7:29 pm

Chemical peels do this...

MemberMember
(@mjg713)

Posted : 11/02/2017 10:23 pm

I don't believe chemical peels truly repair sun damage. Maybe only a small percent.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/03/2017 4:06 am

We have treatments for sun damage today, and it works quite well. IPL and vascular laser V-beam, Excel V, 1064nm does this, IPL is also known as photo facials. Quite common for those with sun damage. If a laser can work on a tattoo, and birthmarks, it can work on sun damage.

Now for those European ladies that burnt her skin beyond repair - prunes, one word sunscreen.

Uplifiting cat is right also chemical peels can help with sun damage (the skin refreshes itself constantly, in fact our who body does, by peeling you are inducing quicker healing and turnover of the layers of skin.

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 11/03/2017 5:16 am

Of course there are treatments for that. Just ask a Dermatologist

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 11/03/2017 3:01 pm

We do, they're just costly

MemberMember
(@clareabella)

Posted : 11/03/2017 4:46 pm

How bad is the sun damage? As someone who never wore sunscreen at all up until recently i have alway had freckles and do have bad skin texture. I did a 24% tca peel and have managed to remove a couple of freckles and fade all of them slightly. I can't say its a huge difference and my skin is looking fresh but it has been noticeable. I think my skin will look healthier with a few more peels to be honest. Iv heard good things about IPL also.

MemberMember
(@upliftingcat)

Posted : 11/12/2017 3:51 am

On 11/2/2017 at 10:23 PM, mjg713 said:

I don't believe chemical peels truly repair sun damage. Maybe only a small percent.

It depends what type you do. I see a doctor who is so skilled with peels he can literally get rid of every wrinkle on your face with a strong phenol peel. When I saw him my pigmentation was splotchy and my skin looked very unhealthy, now I do not have any pigmentation and my skin is very even-toned. Unfortunately, just like with any resurfacing modality, it takes time and multiple sessions.

MemberMember
(@raster)

Posted : 11/12/2017 4:23 am

If you're looking for something you can buy off the shelf, niacinamide cream did so much for my dull, blotchy complexion.

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 11/18/2017 2:43 am

Here we really see the importance of using sunscreen and avoiding sun exposure as much as we can. There are a lot of ways as they have suggested above but could really be costly.