Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daytonasurf

Accutane Forum

The prescription forum is too overfilled with Accutane questions! A seperate forum would be nice. But if not its cool! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

well, uh, what does everybody else think? I just don't want to make too many boards.

I say an Accutane forum is a great idea. It's easier than weeding out all of the other posts about other drugs in the prescription forum.

I vote no. neutral.gif

I've given my reasons in the other thread.

However - I do think the 'prescription meds' forum should be retitled, or have a description underneath, to make it clearer that this section includes info on accutane. So that newbies can find the info they need more quickly.

u say that cause ur not on accutane... so that doesnt matter to you. but the people on accutane it means a lot. and if its such a chore for u moderators y even be one? get a new 1 for that forum then

The main reason I don't want a single forum for accutane users, johnjoz, is because accutane forums on other boards tend to get clogged up with horror stories about the drug. I think that for accutane information to remain in the prescription medications forum helps people to remain objective about it - although it is a strong drug with potentially serious side effects, it IS a prescription medication, like antibiotics (which also have their side effects) - to have it discussed along with other medications does, helps people make a more informed and objective decision about the drug, in my opinion.

I found accutane-only forums quite scary whilst I was on the drug and beforehand. I prefer the way it is discussed in this site.

It's only my opinion, of course. If you feel very strongly about it, I suggest you PM Dan with your opinion - Dan does, after all, have the final say in the matter.

Hey guys! I usually post in the Prescription Forum and am on Accutane. I actually think it is a good thing that they are all listed together since I've used the majority of the prescriptions mentioned prior to being on Accutane. I am sure it is the same for many Accutane users so we might be able to help out other people as they begin their antibiotic/topical/what have you treatment.

Just my opinion...

Yeah I think I'm going to change my vote too. There are some people who might not know what Accutane is and are on other meds that don't work. On the prescription forum they can learn more about the drug, it gives them another option.

I am going to listen to rossignol on this one. I kept the 1 forum, but changed the description to include accutane. Thanks for the input!