Notifications
Clear all

Aloe Vera Gel? For Acne?

MemberMember
(@lax16)

Posted : 11/02/2017 10:03 am

So, yeah. Since I was really enticed by some Youtubers to try the aloevera gel as a moisturizer for acne, I decided to buy mine too. I was really excited to try this one because my pimples are really clustering on my cheeks and I couldn't help it. On my first night of trying this, I washed my face with my cleanser and toned it afterwards, then put the moisturizer (aloe vera gel) with my bare but clean hands then left it overnight. On the morning, I noticed some small spots formed on my chin and I was really wondering if this gel isn't working for me. On the second night, I insisted myself to continue using this for at least week so I decided again to give it a try; cleansed my face, toned, then lathered the moisturizer. But then, a lot of small spots appeared again and some old pimples were getting mad again, they became large and painful at the same time.

Knowing what just has happened, I decided to stop using the aloe vera gel on my face, instead, I applied it on my hair, eyebrows, etc. I really don't know if i was allergic to this one, I'm just so sad that I have to do trial and errors again, any recommendations???

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 11/22/2017 2:57 am

If your skin is reacting negatively to it, sadly, as much as we want to love it, it's not for you.

I tried this Korean Aloe Vera Gel and I love it..I don't think it's all natural but I use it on my face once in a while and on my elbows, knees, and ankles. It's Nature Republic. Is that what you used?

MemberMember
(@turko)

Posted : 11/22/2017 11:33 am

I used to use Aloe Vera (Natural) i have this plant in my garden, used for about 3 weeks every day. Honestly did not see any improvement, just felt the skin more soft and hydrated. Maybe you are allergic, and should stop using it.

On the other hand aloe vera juice helps to cleanse the body by having medicinal properties, but it is extremely bitter.

MemberMember
(@mb1234)

Posted : 11/25/2017 6:48 pm

I bought aloe vera gel after seeing a lot of good reviews about it but it made me skin 10 times worse! I initially thought it was improving it, even though it made it dry, but then I was getting severe cystic spots that were incredibly sore! If youre trying any new product Id suggest you test it on one section of your face before using it everywhere! Thats what I did and so (fortunately!!!!) my acne only blew up in the area that I used the aloe vera.

MemberMember
(@ryancoloma)

Posted : 11/29/2017 2:50 am

I am using a tub of nature republic aloe vera gel for 2 weeks now. I apply it before I sleep and let it stay overnight. I am hoping that it can reduce the redness on my acne spots. I just have to be patient to see the result. In your case, I think it has a negative reaction with your skin, and I advise you immediately stop using the gel. You can try Witch Hazel aloe vera as an alternative.