Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saika

Fading acne scars and pigmentation

Now there's lots of different ingredients that can help fade acne scars and pigmentation but this post will be mostly about Vitamin C (my favorite) or more precisely one awesome Vitamin C product.
I'll also explain why Vitamin C together with Vitamin E is even better~

So I'll start off with some info on Vitamin C and Vitamin E
Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is important to the production of collagen, a protein that aids in the growth of cells and blood vessels and gives skin its firmness and strength, helps create scar tissue and ligaments, and aids in skin repair. Vitamin C is an antioxidant and slows the rate of free-radical damage to collagen that can contribute to dry skin, fine lines and wrinkles.
Vitamin E is an antioxidant that protects and repairs your skin and can help prevent premature aging of your skin and damage to your DNA. The Journal of Investigative Dermatology reported in February 2005 that people who take in the long term reduced their sunburns from exposure to UVB radiation. Further, researchers saw a reduction of factors linked to DNA damage within skin cells

Drunk elephant C-Firma Day Serum (The awesome product)

As stated above -ascorbic (or -ascorbyl) will be somewhat related to vitamin c.
Among these L-ascorbic acid is the gold star and most commonly used (so you'll find it in a lot of skin care products). 
Packaging really does matter when it comes to storing Vitamin C so if it comes in a clear bottle, do not buy it. If it comes in a droplet form just use it as fast as you can.
The ideal packaging is just an airless very airtight packaging, which this product has.
The packaging has no uv light penetratible, no oxygen contact, you just twist it up to 
pump out the product. (See picture)

The key ingredients to why I recommend this product 
L-Ascorbic Acid 15% 
Vitamin E 1%
Ferulic acid 
Chronocyclin
Pumpkin Ferment
Pomegranate Extract
Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer

-Potent Antioxidant Complex (L-Ascorbic Acid, Ferulic Acid and Vitamin E): Works to firm and brighten the look and feel of skin while defending against the signs of photo-aging, pollution, and other environmental stressors.
-Chronocyclin: Transforms into vitamin D, optimizing skin for a more youthful-looking complexion.
-Pumpkin Ferment And Pomegranate Extract: Work together to enzymatically dissolve dead surface skin cells, minimizing the appearance of pores and brighten up your skin.
-Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer: Delivers excellent hydration, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while promoting firmness.

Makes your skin really radiant and luminous, helps fade acne scars  
✨Amazing product✨

(Now, if you don't wanna try this product and will instead look for other Vitamin C
products try keeping this in mind;
Vitamin C is supposed to be effective from 10% all the way up to 30% and for
L-Ascorbic Acid to be effective it needs to be in the ph range 2 - 3.5 that's why you kinda feel that tingling sensation because it is a acidic.
Clear bottle, do not buy it. 
If it comes in a droplet form just use it as fast as you can.
The ideal packaging is just an airless very airtight packaging.)

My english isn't very good soooo....  hopefully it makes sense:)
I'm not sure I posted this on the right place but oh well( ̄∇ ̄)

IMG_5423.JPG

IMG_5424.JPG

IMG_5426.JPG

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes