Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

I am 23 years old and have been struggling with acne for 10 years now. I have gotten a lot better over the years. Early on my face was covered completely. Now I just have a couple problem areas. Those areas are my cheeks or the areas on either side of my nose. I am posting my regimen I am doing right now in hopes that someone will critique it and let me know what I should do differently. Here it is:

Morning: I wake up and pluck the facial hair growing in the problem areas (I only shave once a week)

I then wash my face with Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser

I then apply Clearasil Ultra Vanishing Acne Treament Cream 10% Benzoyl Peroxide to the problem areas

I then moisturize my face with Cetaphil Facial Moisturizer SPF 15

Throughout the day I notice my face gets shiny and I periodically wipe the shiny areas with toilet paper to reduce the shine.

Then at night I pluck the facial hair growing in my problem areas and then wash my face with water and apply Clearasil Ultra Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream 10% Benzoyl Peroxide to my entire face.

Shaving I use EDGE Ultra Sensitive Fragrance Free Gel and Mach 3 Turbo Razors.

Again, I am so close to becoming 100% clear. I am at about 85% right now. I am just wondering if there is anything that I can stop/change/add/do differently to get to 100%. Please critique it. I am considering switching to Botchla's method since it sounds really good but the only thing that scares me is dryness. I need to moisturize if I use Botchla's method but I just don't know what to use as a moisturizer in that method. Thanks for all your help.

Spivac

Your mistake... plucking. When you pluck, you remove the entire hair root to tip. When it growns in a couple things may happen. If the pore is open and hair is growing straight out, all is well. But, if the hair isn't growing straight out or the pore is closed then you get ingrowns.

I would leave the hair alone and let it grow out on its own. Clearasil Ultra has glycolic acid in it to help exfoliate so that will help with ingrowns. The only time you should do anything to ingrowns is if you see it right at the surface. Even then, don't pluck it, just tease it out and then shave as normal.

the mach 3 could be part of the problem. my dermatologist told me to go with a single or double blade razor, as the triple cuts the hair too close. also, with the toilet paper, be careful about that. might want to use cotton balls or lint free cosmetic pads, with a toner. not sure what toner - something gentle. you don't want to rub anything dry against your face... that causes skin irritatation for sure. and you are rubbing bacteria around your face - not good! the toner should help kill bacteria.

i agree with the other post - plucking is not so good.... try to avoid it. it also leads to scarring.

Hi, 

I am 23 years old and have been struggling with acne for 10 years now.  I have gotten a lot better over the years.  Early on my face was covered completely.  Now I just have a couple problem areas.  Those areas are my cheeks or the areas on either side of my nose.  I am posting my regimen I am doing right now in hopes that someone will critique it and let me know what I should do differently.  Here it is:

Morning:  I wake up and pluck the facial hair growing in the problem areas (I only shave once a week)

I then wash my face with Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser

I then apply Clearasil Ultra Vanishing Acne Treament Cream 10% Benzoyl Peroxide to the problem areas

I then moisturize my face with Cetaphil Facial Moisturizer SPF 15

Throughout the day I notice my face gets shiny and I periodically wipe the shiny areas with toilet paper to reduce the shine.

Then at night I pluck the facial hair growing in my problem areas and then wash my face with water and apply Clearasil Ultra Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream 10% Benzoyl Peroxide to my entire face.

Shaving I use EDGE Ultra Sensitive Fragrance Free Gel and Mach 3 Turbo Razors.

Again,  I am so close to becoming 100% clear.  I am at about 85% right now.  I am just wondering if there is anything that I can stop/change/add/do differently to get to 100%.  Please critique it.  I am considering switching to Botchla's method since it sounds really good but the only thing that scares me is dryness.  I need to moisturize if I use Botchla's method but I just don't know what to use as a moisturizer in that method.  Thanks for all your help.

Spivac