Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wrestler

are people typically getting 100% clear skin?

i've been on the regimen since the beginning of the month, and am awaiting my bp in the mail. been using neutrogena bar soap, 2.5%, and sensitive skin moisturizer, and following regimen very closely, except i can't stop myself from waking up rubbing my face in the pillow. anyways i have very mild acne, but am hoping to have no acne. is the regimen right for this? i've only been on the regimen for about a week and it seems like it's working already, but are people here 100% clear w/ this routine?

well, for me, i've always had moderate-severe acne with cysts (ten years) and the regime helped me get the clearest i have ever been. now that i broke out again (laziness, my bad), everyone was like "you were so clear, what happened?" i had like one pimple but since you're ery mild, you'll be clear for sure

good question. I'm wondering that myself. I have mild-moderate (more like moderate) acne. I haven't been following the regimen VERY closely, considering I am using duac topical gel (5% bp, 1% clindersomethingorother). Hey by the way, I just started using the neutrogena acne prone bar soap. How do you like it? I use that in the morning to wash then at night I use neutrogena daily cleansing wips. I've been on the regime for about 2 1/2 weeks and not much of a difference in my actuall overall face appearance. I don't think I'm getting as much pimples as before, but when I do get them now, there normally the bigger ones (not cryst) but bigger than normal, and they leave a nasty red marks. If I could get rid of my red marks my face would look SOOO much better. I'll keep you posted how I'm doing (if anyone cares that is/ lol)

i've been on the regimen since the beginning of the month, and am awaiting my bp in the mail.  been using neutrogena bar soap, 2.5%, and sensitive skin moisturizer, and following regimen very closely, except i can't stop myself from waking up rubbing my face in the pillow.  anyways i have very mild acne, but am hoping to have no acne.  is the regimen right for this?  i've only been on the regimen for about a week and it seems like it's working already, but are people here 100% clear w/ this routine?

Hey. I think the regimen will work great for you, but I would suggest that you use only the recommended products. I think the soap bar you are using may be rather irritating to the skin. Good luck!

good question. I'm wondering that myself. I have mild-moderate (more like moderate) acne. I haven't been following the regimen VERY closely, considering I am using duac topical gel (5% bp, 1% clindersomethingorother). Hey by the way, I just started using the neutrogena acne prone bar soap. How do you like it? I use that in the morning to wash then at night I use neutrogena daily cleansing wips. I've been on the regime for about 2 1/2 weeks and not much of a difference in my actuall overall face appearance. I don't think I'm getting as much pimples as before, but when I do get them now, there normally the bigger ones (not cryst) but bigger than normal, and they leave a nasty red marks. If I could get rid of my red marks my face would look SOOO much better. I'll keep you posted how I'm doing (if anyone cares that is/ lol)

Guest Euler
I never really said I was on the regimen. I just said this is my regimen. I know im not following it the closely at all but you would think that these products would work even if you didn't follow it the same exact way. If that was the case, everyone who never saw this website would still have bad acne. Anyways, the duac topical gel I got was from my doctor some I'm hoping it will work better, if not the same as just bp. also, someone said that the neutrogena acne prone soap bar irritates the skin. How could a soap bar thats for acne irratate the acne?

The neutrogena bar is good, I used it for the first 3 months using The Regimen before I altered my regimen slightly to include a Salicylic Wash.  Just make sure you ensure *all* of the soap has been washed off before you dry your face.

just got my bp gel in the mail yesterday. damn, stuff is much better than neutrogena. price aside, the actual product 1) didn't make my face nearly as dry after applying, and 2) took way longer for a given amount to evaporate/absorb, so i think that not only are you getting more oz./$, but you're getting more usage out of a given ounce

you're gonna need to wait 2-4 months depending on your skin condition and how strict you are about the Reg before you start seeing rock solid evidence that your skin is improving.

i've been on for just over a week and already know it's making a difference. my acne was mild, and characterized by a few blotches at a time that would come and go rather quickly. anyways since i started the ones i had have almost cleared, and i've had two new ones, and one of them is already fading. both of them are much, much smaller than typical. either it's coincidence or i'm just responding real well, hopefully the latter

you're gonna need to wait 2-4 months depending on your skin condition and how strict you are about the Reg before you start seeing rock solid evidence that your skin is improving.

well everyone's diff man. It took me a signifigant amount of time before I saw improvement, prob around 3 months or so. But I experimented a little because I don't like the effects that Bp has on my face.

beginnin of my college semester.. bout 4-5 months ago, i had cyst on my cheeks n shit.. then i been on bp since, and i got two lil pimples next to my sideburns n thats it. i think its cuz the gel and all that, but yeah its good to be acne free again.. it just took like 2 months to get clear for me

I've been on regimen for about 6 weeks now and I'd say I'm about 95 - 98% clear at the moment but it's getting better and better. For me the key has been lots and lots of bp and moisturise really well.

agreed. i wonder if people taking too long are following the regimen *exactly*. i mean maybe i'm just responding very, very well, but i'm also following it to the letter. like he said you should follow it exactly until you see you have clear skin then experiment w/ changing things. i think half assing it will make it not work at all or very weakly. i base this on the fact that i've always used moisturizer (non comedogenic type), and always used bp, although at 10%, and washed twice a day typically. so i was already doing a 'rough' version of the regimen, but when i started using the 2.5 %, and lots of it, and other things listed in the regimen i started seeing a difference very quickly

well everyone's diff man. It took me a signifigant amount of time before I saw improvement, prob around 3 months or so. But I experimented a little because I don't like the effects that Bp has on my face.

Good points here. The regimen really needs to be followed exactly. Personally, I have found time and time again that if I stray at all I break out. While the regimen seems simple, the simplicity is deceptive, and many people feel that they are on the regimen when they are not. It needs to be followed precisely for best results.

When followed exactly as outlined, the timeline is reliable.

-Dan