10 Mg Accutane

MemberMember
(@valerie22)

Posted : 10/31/2017 9:06 pm

This is my first time posting on this website but I have found lots of useful information on here and have decided to make an account. Im an 18 year old female who has had acne since age 12. Most of the time it was just small pimples and pretty mild. Until around age 15-16 it started to progressively get worse but I did have times where it was relatively clear and just a few pimples. At age 17 it started to get more moderate so I was put on minocycline. I was able to control the acne and only had about 1 active or some scaring on the antibiotic. Although it started to lose its effectiveness after a couple months. I went off of it this June that my skin started to get literally insane. Every day I would wake up with new acne. It was also odd because I started to lose my period. I thought maybe it was me moving or just stress or a new face wash. My face kept getting progressively worse and slowly I became more and more depressed and made its way to moderate to severe. It has literally RUINED my life at this point. I can't recall the last time I was happy to wake up in the morning. The first thing I do is check my face in the morning to check if I have any new acne. I have cut off my friends and a guy I was seeing and I hardly want to see my own family unless I'm piled in make up. I have done tons and tons of research and have come to things that could contribute to the worsening of my skin but nothing that has cleared it or made it mild. 

Things that have made my skin worse and could help you: Sugar, dairy, high carbs, eggs (seems common on this site), oats (not digested properly)

I have also had my hormones that are out of whack from my doctor but he recommended birth control and I was already on it at age 14 and although it helped it did stop working and I don't want to mask the problem anymore.I am also going to continue to eat a PCOS friendly diet which eliminates sugar, carbs and dairy. The diet is mostly high protein and limits carbs and even fruit but I can see a decrease in oil when I stick to it. I would also like to be on Accutane just to be able to have clear skin and not have to worry about things other than diet breaking me out such as traveling or anything my sensitive acne prone skin would react to. 

After my skin still being a disaster as of this day I pick up my prescription for accurate tomorrow. I was prescribed 10mg and I weigh 115. I was told I will be on it for a year. I havent seen many posts on here about such a long dosage period so I was wondering if anyone has had this or similar to it. My acne was pretty bad when I saw the derm today so im unsure why the dosage is so low. I know its based on weight but ive seen posts of the same weight and higher dosages. I hope someone is on the similar dosage and could help me on how long for results and any side effects? It would mean a lot :)

MemberMember
(@accutane1)

Posted : 11/01/2017 2:49 pm

17 hours ago, Valerie22 said:

This is my first time posting on this website but I have found lots of useful information on here and have decided to make an account. Im an 18 year old female who has had acne since age 12. Most of the time it was just small pimples and pretty mild. Until around age 15-16 it started to progressively get worse but I did have times where it was relatively clear and just a few pimples. At age 17 it started to get more moderate so I was put on minocycline. I was able to control the acne and only had about 1 active or some scaring on the antibiotic. Although it started to lose its effectiveness after a couple months. I went off of it this June that my skin started to get literally insane. Every day I would wake up with new acne. It was also odd because I started to lose my period. I thought maybe it was me moving or just stress or a new face wash. My face kept getting progressively worse and slowly I became more and more depressed and made its way to moderate to severe. It has literally RUINED my life at this point. I can't recall the last time I was happy to wake up in the morning. The first thing I do is check my face in the morning to check if I have any new acne. I have cut off my friends and a guy I was seeing and I hardly want to see my own family unless I'm piled in make up. I have done tons and tons of research and have come to things that could contribute to the worsening of my skin but nothing that has cleared it or made it mild. 

Things that have made my skin worse and could help you: Sugar, dairy, high carbs, eggs (seems common on this site), oats (not digested properly)

I have also had my hormones that are out of whack from my doctor but he recommended birth control and I was already on it at age 14 and although it helped it did stop working and I don't want to mask the problem anymore.I am also going to continue to eat a PCOS friendly diet which eliminates sugar, carbs and dairy. The diet is mostly high protein and limits carbs and even fruit but I can see a decrease in oil when I stick to it. I would also like to be on Accutane just to be able to have clear skin and not have to worry about things other than diet breaking me out such as traveling or anything my sensitive acne prone skin would react to. 

After my skin still being a disaster as of this day I pick up my prescription for accurate tomorrow. I was prescribed 10mg and I weigh 115. I was told I will be on it for a year. I havent seen many posts on here about such a long dosage period so I was wondering if anyone has had this or similar to it. My acne was pretty bad when I saw the derm today so im unsure why the dosage is so low. I know its based on weight but ive seen posts of the same weight and higher dosages. I hope someone is on the similar dosage and could help me on how long for results and any side effects? It would mean a lot :)

I am also on a Low Dose course (20mg a day), but I am also twice your weight so that makes sense! I am nearly a month in now and am happy so far.

MemberMember
(@valerie22)

Posted : 11/01/2017 3:05 pm

Do you take it with a fatty meal? my derm didn't mention anything about it she just said to drink tons and tons of water but I've see many people post the you should for it to be more effective. I want to try and stick to a healthy diet so I may just always take it with an avocado or some coconut oil. Have you had any side effects? Im happy to hear it is helping you so far! I've read some people having quick results and then some not seeing any for months.

MemberMember
(@accutane1)

Posted : 11/03/2017 2:11 pm

Yes I take it with a high fat meal, but that doesnt mean it has to be unhealthy!

The only side effects I have had so far are dry skin which is making it quite reddish, but nothing I cant handle.

MemberMember
(@valerie22)

Posted : 11/03/2017 2:25 pm

Is there improvement in your acne? My skin looks less oily and my pores look a bit smaller, I'm also taking zinc with it and have been for a while it has helped my skin SO much with oil and healing of my skin but not the prevention of acne. I also ate really unhealthy on Tuesday since it was halloween so I think my skins still recovering from that

MemberMember
(@accutane1)

Posted : 11/03/2017 4:11 pm

I currently have no active spots or pimples but my skin looks quite irritated and red marks are showing up. But Im happy with having no actives at the moment as its giving my skin the chance to heal.

MemberMember
(@valerie22)

Posted : 11/03/2017 4:24 pm

Thats great! I'm so happy for you. The redness should be gone soon and you could try a vitamin E oil or jojoba oil works wonders. Ive been reading that low dose is actually better and avoids having a big IB and may even be more effective. I hope the best for you and that its a permanent solution for you :).

MemberMember
(@accutane1)

Posted : 11/04/2017 4:08 am

11 hours ago, Valerie22 said:

Thats great! I'm so happy for you. The redness should be gone soon and you could try a vitamin E oil or jojoba oil works wonders. Ive been reading that low dose is actually better and avoids having a big IB and may even be more effective. I hope the best for you and that its a permanent solution for you :).

Thanks a lot, this is actually my third course but the first time trying low dose, I didnt really have an initial breakout. Hopefully this time it works for good!

MemberMember
(@valerie22)

Posted : 11/04/2017 7:42 am

I've been waking up with a few pimples but nothing major or extreme. It is also only my 4th pill today though. When did you start seeing your skin clear? And me too, you could even stay on a very low dosage such as 10 mg a week after, I've read some posts on here about that. It may sound unsafe but I'm sure as long as you get blood work every few months while doing so, you could be fine :)

MemberMember
(@accutane1)

Posted : 11/04/2017 8:44 am

I started noticing improvements around the end of week 3.

MemberMember
(@valerie22)

Posted : 11/04/2017 9:00 am

Are you still sticking to a clean diet?

MemberMember
(@accutane1)

Posted : 11/04/2017 9:07 am

Yeah I have a pretty good diet as it is anyway but Ive been exta careful to cut out dairy especially.