Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been on accuatne for 2 weeks and my face has actually already cleared up a good amount. If my skin has just been improving since starting, does this mean im passing the initial breakout??? also i was on minocyline for 2 months b4 starting accutane, does this also make my chances of geting the initial breakout smaller ????

I have been on accuatne for 2 weeks and my face has actually already cleared up a good amount. If my skin has just been improving since starting, does this mean im passing the initial breakout??? also i was on minocyline for 2 months b4 starting accutane, does this also make my chances of geting the initial breakout smaller ????

some people on this board claim that they clear up in the first week or two.....but then it CAN get worse after that. But keep your finger crossed that you won't get an initial breakout. My brother has been on Accutane for 1.5 months. No initial breakouts for him. Actually no breakouts at all! Hopefully it will be the same for me since my brother and I broke out at the same age and have the same acne condition which is VERY mild.

yea mine is mild as well, but nuthing has worked for me so im hoping accutane will do the trick. My face looks alot worse than it really is, because i have a ton of red marks and my face is really red from the accutane

I wish you luck matt, week 2 i felt the best ive ever felt acne wise, probably the least amount of ance ive had in 4 years. Week 6 and 7 came a huge breakout, and i had the worst acne period ever in my life. doubt.gif

good luck though, hopefully you do miss the breakout.

By the way im on week 9 and still having breakouts.

**EDIT

(didnt realize you had posted you had had a few breakouts allready)