Notifications
Clear all

Found solution for butt acne / boils / folliculitis

MemberMember
(@trinky)

Posted : 10/31/2017 4:39 am

I hope my experience can help someone.

I have been suffering from severe butt acne for about 8 years. Tried benzoyl peroxide lotion, soaking in salt water, iodine, different acne creams, retinol - A, coconut oil, avoiding some foods ( milk, coffee, oil) - nothing worked.

Some time ago I was searching some new information about the subject and came across someone saying that usually people who sit a lot get butt acne. So I thought that maybe long time pressure on the butt causes ingrown hair. I have been really sitting a lot at work or when I am relaxing at home and laying on my back - there is still a lot of pressure on my butt. So I decided to avoid sitting and laying on my back even when sleeping. I lay on the sides and try not to sit at all or to sit for a very short time. Especially it's easy to do because I am not working at the moment. Have been doing this for about a week, and my butt is almost clear now - no new boils, old ones have dried out, no inflammation, just some dark spots that keep fading each day - I guess it will take some more time for them to fade as the boils were really deep. I am so happy that this nightmare is finishing!

MemberMember
(@betty92)

Posted : 11/21/2017 9:00 am

Thanks, you experience is very helpful. As for removing boils on other parts of body, I'd recommend this instruction http://skintagsremoving.com/treatment-for-boil-on-neck-thigh-skin-vagina-back-face-and-under-arm/ , because all of them demand individual treatment.

Trinky liked
MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 11/21/2017 8:46 pm

i thought i read somewhere, this type of problem was more of a fungal problem and could be treated with a mild fungal wash?

MemberMember
(@betty92)

Posted : 11/22/2017 2:57 pm

This problem could be bacterial or fungal. In the second case a fungal wash could be a good treatment. If it's bacterial, it could heal within two weeks, as it happened with Trinky. If it didn't, it's necessary to choose a treatment with a doctor.

Trinky liked