Notifications
Clear all

No one cares

MemberMember
(@avalati)

Posted : 10/28/2017 11:56 pm

People who have never experienced bad acne just... don't really care about it to be honest. And it's frustrating.

It's really easy to ignore it if you're not suffering from it. People with clear skin are so carefree about it... I'm so jealous. You don't really realize what you have until it's gone. My friends dismiss it as no big deal when I confess how much it's suffering. I know they're just trying to be nice, but its so dismissive. they don't understand at all. I know it makes them uncomfortable to even have to think about it. The most people think about acne is just while they're teenagers and when they see people with it and think. "Gross. I should avoid them." People who don't have skin problems (the majority of people) just go their whole life barely worrying about it and it doesn't feel fair.

I know because I was the same before I started getting cystic acne. I saw people with acne and thought "wow that really sucks I'm glad I'm not them" and forgot about it. One of my friends was struggling with acne and I felt so awkward acknowledging it when she talked about it.

I'm not very good at organizing my thoughts but I'm just so upset and alone. I wish people with acne got more sympathy. Acne is a serious skin condition that destroys self confidence (1 in 5 are suicidal I read??? that's crazy) so I wish it was treated like the life ruining disease that it is......

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/30/2017 6:58 pm

Well, at least you have us to hear you rant. Yeah, people take things for granted until it hits them. But you know, there are those who are literally dying from cancer and other terminal illness. How would they feel about reading your post? Aren't you being little too harsh on yourself?

MemberMember
(@avalati)

Posted : 10/30/2017 11:49 pm

4 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Well, at least you have us to hear you rant. Yeah, people take things for granted until it hits them.  But you know, there are those who are literally dying from cancer and other terminal illness. How would they feel about reading your post? Aren't you being little too harsh on yourself?

Yeah, I mean you're right but.... this isn't a competition;; terminal illness is obviously worse but that doens't mean I can't feel bad about acne :( cancer is a disease taken seriously while acne remains a gross joke (despite high rates of depression and suicide. it may not be AS serious as cancer, but it's still serious.) Thanks for listening

MemberMember
(@dutchgirlx)

Posted : 11/05/2017 3:42 pm

I don't get why they don't care. The people who don't show any sympathy are also the ones who get stressed out because of one pimple. But yeah, for them it's actually easy to forget about that so that one pimple won't learn them to show more respect.

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 11/07/2017 5:53 pm

Skin treatment should be paid for by the government. Its clear that people with better skin get better treatment. Its not fair that certain people should have to suffer because of something that wasn't their fault.

MemberMember
(@avalati)

Posted : 11/08/2017 1:12 am

I mean, it's not life threatening so I get that acne treatment is a luxury but yeah.... I really really just wish it was recognized more as a horrible illness rather than an ugly joke :/ 

MemberMember
(@jwalk)

Posted : 11/08/2017 12:51 pm

Acne is one of the few diseases that its considered socially acceptable to mock, I suppose because its not life threatening and everyone else can see it. I wouldn't expect someone who's never had it to understand how it feels, that's asking too much, but there seems to be an innate desire in some to punish or discriminate against sufferers. I think its because looking at someone they consider to be ugly makes them feel bad, so they instinctively want to make that person feel bad as well.

I have to admit I get a bit annoyed with someone who stresses out over one spot, or even worse when someone who had light acne for a couple of weeks when they were 15 thinks they know exactly how it feels to have had severe acne for 10+ years.

avalati liked
MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 11/08/2017 9:51 pm

20 hours ago, avalati said:

I mean, it's not life threatening so I get that acne treatment is a luxury but yeah.... I really really just wish it was recognized more as a horrible illness rather than an ugly joke :/ 

Bad acne can lead certain people to suicide. It sure as shit is life threatening. Acne treatment only seems like a luxury to people who don't have to deal. The moment they're on the other side of the coin they change their minds pretty quick.

MemberMember
(@avalati)

Posted : 11/08/2017 10:02 pm

9 hours ago, jwalk said:

Acne is one of the few diseases that its considered socially acceptable to mock, I suppose because its not life threatening and everyone else can see it. I wouldn't expect someone who's never had it to understand how it feels, that's asking too much, but there seems to be an innate desire in some to punish or discriminate against sufferers. I think its because looking at someone they consider to be ugly makes them feel bad, so they instinctively want to make that person feel bad as well.

I have to admit I get a bit annoyed with someone who stresses out over one spot, or even worse when someone who had light acne for a couple of weeks when they were 15 thinks they know exactly how it feels to have had severe acne for 10+ years.

yes!! this!! it's really messed up that a disease like this is so widely mocked and that's it's socially acceptable !! and I don't see that changing anytime soon...

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 11/17/2017 1:49 am

Totally understand how they would not take it seriously or how they would make fun of us. At the end of the day, we should all keep on fighting. That's why we are all here in one place. We share one common issue and where no one will judge. :)

We've got to keep on fighting no matter what life throws at us. *hugs*

avalati liked
MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 11/18/2017 12:02 am

Yea, this place needs to be a positive force for good. Everyone here is important and deserves to be heard, and should be able to vent their frustrations without judgment.

avalati and leelowe1 liked
MemberMember
(@mylifeisacne)

Posted : 11/23/2017 6:40 pm

On 11/17/2017 at 1:49 AM, skyesthelimit said:

Totally understand how they would not take it seriously or how they would make fun of us. At the end of the day, we should all keep on fighting. That's why we are all here in one place. We share one common issue and where no one will judge. :)

We've got to keep on fighting no matter what life throws at us. *hugs*

Fight for what? If you Acne there is nothing left to fight for. Acne + Acne scars = fucked for the rest of your life. No point in fighting. 

MemberMember
(@avalati)

Posted : 11/24/2017 4:27 am

9 hours ago, mylifeisacne said:
Fight for what? If you Acne there is nothing left to fight for. Acne + Acne scars = fucked for the rest of your life. No point in fighting.

hey dude. I understand how u feel and this is how my mind works too but no need to push your negative thoughts on to other people. this forum should be a place where we can be there to support and help each other

MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 11/24/2017 6:02 pm

Acne is not for life. You will get better. For some of us it takes longer than others, but most people's skin improves as they age and their oiliness reduces. When u r young it feels like a lifetime but you must keep trying to help yourself with treatments , getting on with your life and keeping a positive attitude. People that don't suffer will NEVER understand what it feels like, but most don't seem bothered by it so we should do our best to not let it affect our relationships. If you even try and discuss acne with non-sufferers they usually say something totally moronic like: "Do you wash your face every day or eat lots of fatty food?" , so why bother. This forum is the place to discuss acne. We understand each other and the frustrations. Let's get strength from each other. We are worth it!!!

avalati liked
MemberMember
(@avalati)

Posted : 11/30/2017 8:39 pm

On 11/24/2017 at 6:02 PM, Juwalker said:

Acne is not for life. You will get better. For some of us it takes longer than others, but most people's skin improves as they age and their oiliness reduces. When u r young it feels like a lifetime but you must keep trying to help yourself with treatments , getting on with your life and keeping a positive attitude. People that don't suffer will NEVER understand what it feels like, but most don't seem bothered by it so we should do our best to not let it affect our relationships. If you even try and discuss acne with non-sufferers they usually say something totally moronic like: "Do you wash your face every day or eat lots of fatty food?" , so why bother. This forum is the place to discuss acne. We understand each other and the frustrations. Let's get strength from each other. We are worth it!!!

thank you for this!!! ;_;

Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@mylifeisacne)

Posted : 12/19/2017 1:40 am

On 11/24/2017 at 4:27 AM, avalati said:
On 11/23/2017 at 6:40 PM, mylifeisacne said:

hey dude. I understand how u feel and this is how my mind works too but no need to push your negative thoughts on to other people. this forum should be a place where we can be there to support and help each other

There's no help for us...

MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 12/20/2017 6:39 pm

You have to help yourself and help others. By helping others you will gain strength and receive help. Give then receive.

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 12/22/2017 3:21 am

I know it must be hard for you. I understand the resentment. I just want you to know that we are here to listen no matter what.

avalati and ailaeshiz liked
MemberMember
(@mickidepaname)

Posted : 02/07/2018 11:57 am

On 08/11/2017 at 6:51 PM, jwalk said:

when someone who had light acne for a couple of weeks when they were 15 thinks they know exactly how it feels to have had severe acne for 10+ years.

Exactly the same..but I don't understand how most people can't get that it's not "alright" to have pimples all over your face. In the same time, these m******* don't see the incoherence of rating people, judging their appearance , in front of you :

"he/she's hot"

"he/she's ugly"

Some people have fucked up minds

Juwalker liked