Notifications
Clear all

My skin is still awful after 7 years, last resort?

MemberMember
(@pososel)

Posted : 10/28/2017 7:08 pm

I'm 20 now and have been taking antibiotics since I was 13...

Honestly feel like I've tried everything so any help appreciated.

Been on Lymecycline, Erythromycin, Roaccutane for 8 months (this 100% worked but my skin got INSANELY bad before it got better and don't really want to go on that again, even if I am tempted). I've used pretty much every topical cream prescription under the sun, and have tried Kefir regime for 2 months but this didn't seem to do anything.

I am currently on Doxycycline, using Tretinoin cream and the La Roche Posay 3-Step Effaclar Regime, as well as birth control. I also use Rosehip oil as a moisturiser daily, which definitely helps with scarring.

For like 1-2 years when I was 18/19 my skin was GREAT but then I came to Uni in Scotland and everything went downhill, cystic acne and all. Honestly just so pissed off at my skin right now so any help at all as to how anyone actually cleared up their skin would be a lifesaver.

MemberMember
(@lifeswaitingtobegin)

Posted : 11/01/2017 8:58 pm

Used all the antibiotics under the sun but always stopped working. Cleaned up my diet and saw big improvement. I drink lots of water,drink green tea, limited dairy,limited sugar,loads of fruit and veg,no processed food,regularly exercise and take 1 multivitamin tablet a day :)

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 11/03/2017 5:27 am

Don't worry, you will most maybe grow out your acne in a couple of years. If not it will surely calm down a lot. I would advice to go and find a birth control that works!

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 11/18/2017 2:36 am

Not everyone's case is the same so you've just got to find that one which suits your skin. Hope you'll find that one soon!

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 11/18/2017 3:53 am

How long after Accutane did your acne come back?