Notifications
Clear all

Acne ruining my life

MemberMember
(@swimgal258)

Posted : 10/27/2017 2:21 pm

I've had acne since I was 12. I'm now 20 and haven't felt able to leave the house without makeup for 8 years. I skipped sleepovers and camping trips where people would see the true extent of my skin. I've been to the doctors several times and have been prescribed multiple things however it's just getting worse. My skin is naturally oily and prone to hyperpigmentation so those deep cysts that I don't touch? Massive purple marks that take years to fade. Tiny whitehead? Smaller purple mark that also takes years to fade. Large pores? Check and they look like they're tiny pools of oil. Nice. I've cried every day for the past month when I've looked at myself barefaced in the mirror. I've booked another doctors appointments but I just feel awful. I want to be able to go outside and feel comfortable or lounge around barefaced rather than hide away. I'm sick of being so self-conscious about it and thinking about it during everything I do. I just look at myself and I can see all these pores and cysts and texture and oil and how clogged my skin is and I'm disgusted so I don't want other people to see it. I feel hideous. And silly because why do I let it control me? Loads of people have all sorts of problems and imperfections! But it still affects me so much.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/27/2017 3:15 pm

So you got skin issue,guess what,same here.

dont go theowung loads of crap at yiur skin possibly making things worse,same with your diet,just eat normal.

get to the dr,show him your skin and dont leave without an oral anti biotic.anti biotics should be the first stop for acne sufferers,it kills bacteria which causes acne.if you can get a prescription strength topical anti biotic then that should help also.

keep clean,keep fingers off your face,just try to moisturise after washing with something thats kind to your skin,when you clear your skin up.
:)

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/28/2017 4:48 pm

Only reason your pore is so clogged, which leaves your face very oily, is because the sebum feels that there is not enough oil to go around and it goes into overdrive.

What you need is more "good" oil. I know this sounds like an oxymoron, but you need to think out of the box.

I suggest you get two oil: Tea Tree Oil + Jojoba oil

Tea tree oil is an essential oil that has both anti-inflammatory and antibacterial elements. Jojoba oil is a carrier oil that "plays the role of sebum and moisturizes our skin and hair when our body stops doing it naturally" (source: internet).

Basically, you use Tea tree to cleanse your face and Jojoba to moisturize.

Note: You NEVER apply Tea tree by itself to the face. It should always be mixed with Jojoba before application: 1/4 tablespoon of tea tree oil with 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil.

Twice a day, spot treat acnes with tea tree + jojoba combo. Then apply jojoba oil to moisturize.

MemberMember
(@zaichik)

Posted : 10/29/2017 6:02 am

13 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Note: You NEVER apply Tea tree by itself to the face. It should always be mixed with Jojoba before application: 1/4 tablespoon of tea tree oil with 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil.

Oh I learnt the hard way! I still use tea tree oil, but when I was 13 I burnt the skin under my nose with it, and looked like I had a cold for an entire year and a half after that. Its absolutely hilarious to me now.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/29/2017 6:37 pm

12 hours ago, zaichik said:
On 10/28/2017 at 2:48 PM, Sirius Lee said:

Oh I learnt the hard way! I still use tea tree oil, but when I was 13 I burnt the skin under my nose with it, and looked like I had a cold for an entire year and a half after that. Its absolutely hilarious to me now.

Yeah, tell me about it. Been there and done that myself. BTW It doesn't have to be Jojoba oil. You could mix the Tea tree oil with any carrier oil, such as olive oil or coconut oil.

zaichik liked