Notifications
Clear all

Hyaluronic Acid Serum for acne scars

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 10/26/2017 5:21 pm

Hi guys,

I just wanted to share with you guys what works to temporarily plump up my acne scars. I first wash my face with cold water , then I put on a cold pack on my face for a couple of seconds just to make sure that my face is nice and cold. Then i massage my hyaluronic acid serumreally firmly on my face (each cheek takes about 2 minutes). All my scars completely fill up after this. The effect usually lasts 24 hours. I really don't know why my face needs to be cold before applying the hyaluronic acid serum, i tried this technique after washing my face with warm water and it does not work. I hope i can help someone with this. Thanks! (will probably add some pictures later on)

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/26/2017 10:49 pm

First of all, are you not mistaking large pores for acne pits? The latter, I'm pretty sure, will not plump up no matter how much HA use slather on. But thanks for the info regardless.

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 10/30/2017 3:34 am

Thanks you for the information. Yes, this can work, L'Oreal does a great job of marketing. I have not doubt that you do see improvement, so this is all positive. HA is a molecule that can 'sit'' on the skin, but does not penetrate to the lower layers of the dermis, because the sugar molecule is too large to go through the basement membrane, so results are at best, 24 hours, as you pointed out.
Regardless, and HA serums are effective, but temporary treatments for shallow pits, pores, and fine wrinkles.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 11/01/2017 8:42 pm

On 10/26/2017 at 6:21 PM, misshopeful123 said:

Hi guys,

I just wanted to share with you guys what works to temporarily plump up my acne scars. I first wash my face with cold water , then I put on a cold pack on my face for a couple of seconds just to make sure that my face is nice and cold. Then i massage my hyaluronic acid serumreally firmly on my face (each cheek takes about 2 minutes). All my scars completely fill up after this. The effect usually lasts 24 hours. I really don't know why my face needs to be cold before applying the hyaluronic acid serum, i tried this technique after washing my face with warm water and it does not work. I hope i can help someone with this. Thanks! (will probably add some pictures later on)

What is the name of your serum

MemberMember
(@jollyhohnson)

Posted : 11/04/2017 3:47 pm

You can buy many moisturisers and serums which contain Hyaluronic Acid. The Ordinary make a dedicated hyaluronic acid serum that only costs 6.

Many of the moisturisers I use contain this ingredient and I agree that they help temporarily plump up the skin, although they don't help with deeper scars.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/05/2017 10:14 am

HA by it's very nature plumps up the skin temporarily. Hence you can take a HA serum, dermatamp/ microneedle and plump up the skin. HA attacks water. This helps with the epidermal level and moisture barrier.