Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Seriously losing the will to live with my acne. It’s a joke! I’ve had acne since I was 18 and I’m now 25 going on 26!!! I’ve tried literally everything and my only option left is accutane but I really really don’t want to go on it because I have a phobia of blood and needles so I couldn’t deal with the monthly blood test’s needed. I’ve used both benzoyl peroxide and Retinoids like Differen none have helped. I even went on the contraceptive pill to see if that helped and it didn’t 

1 hour ago, Becky92 said:

Seriously losing the will to live with my acne. It’s a joke! I’ve had acne since I was 18 and I’m now 25 going on 26!!! I’ve tried literally everything and my only option left is accutane but I really really don’t want to go on it because I have a phobia of blood and needles so I couldn’t deal with the monthly blood test’s needed. I’ve used both benzoyl peroxide and Retinoids like Differen none have helped. I even went on the contraceptive pill to see if that helped and it didn’t 

Hey Becky, I know how you feel. Ive been there. I took accutane and it cleared up my acne completely. While I wouldn't recommend it because I experienced long term side effects (daily nausea and chronic fatigue amongst others) it could change your life to the positive.

that said, you could talk to your dermatologist or a psychologist about your fear of blood and needles. im pretty sure there is a way to treat, or temporarily go around those phobias.

Alternative acne treatments:
Some people see good results on a ketogenic diet and laser/phototherapy also works very well for some

Edited by draci

1 hour ago, Becky92 said:

what type of acne do you have and what is your daily routine? Edited by MrBakery

Hey I have acne mostly on my chin and lower jaw, I would say it’s moderate, not severe but definitely not mild and it’s usually papules but with some pustules as well. My forehead is completely clear and it always has been 

They are also usually painful to touch 

5 hours ago, Becky92 said:

Hey I have acne mostly on my chin and lower jaw, I would say it’s moderate, not severe but definitely not mild and it’s usually papules but with some pustules as well. My forehead is completely clear and it always has been 

They are also usually painful to touch 

Hey Becky,

you look like a pretty and fit girl. I imagine looking good, being fit and healthy are top priorities of yours. You could try cutting out sugar and dairy completely. No sweets, no cakes, no bread, nothing that contains wheat, little fruit and lots of fish, meat and veggies.

the way you describe your acne it could really get under control with diet and the help of dermatologist or esthetician who does laser/phototherapy for acne. I read that excimer laser and uvb narrowband light therapy work really good for some people.

Oh dear don't. Fight it as much as you can. Some are in a worse situation than you are. Besides, you are so pretty! Don't let acne waste that. You can try natural remedies too. If it doesn't work for you, move on to the next until you find the solution that fits your skin. Not everyone is the same and I know it's a long struggle and journey.

The important thing is, we fight and we do something about it. Best of luck and hugs to you!

Hi, I have just recently joined to post a review On Skinoren, I read other users reviews and thought I would try it after trying endless creams, diets etc etc.  I am 52 and have suffered with acne all my life, was always thinking it would disappear one day but never did.  After a particularly bad bout of cystic acne, always in my t zone and nowhere else I gave Skinoren cream a try. I am absolutely amazed by this cream, I am not one to post reviews but I am so impressed with the results that I have put my review on here in the review section for the cream, definitely worth a try if you suffer from cystic acne.  The only other thing that worked for me was the pill dianette, which sadly I had to stop when I was forty.  But if you are under forty and female this is also worth a try.  Good luck everyone, I was always thinking my acne had to disappear one Day but I am an example of someone in her fifties who is still suffering and always thinking when will it end.  Well the end is in sight if this Skinoren continues to perform, I am one happy lady at the moment, long may it continue.

On 10/27/2017 at 10:38 AM, draci said:
Hey Becky,

you look like a pretty and fit girl. I imagine looking good, being fit and healthy are top priorities of yours. You could try cutting out sugar and dairy completely. No sweets, no cakes, no bread, nothing that contains wheat, little fruit and lots of fish, meat and veggies.

the way you describe your acne it could really get under control with diet and the help of dermatologist or esthetician who does laser/phototherapy for acne. I read that excimer laser and uvb narrowband light therapy work really good for some people.
I think it's really worth your time to try altering your diet.  I did the same thing after nothing else worked and diet has been the only thing that helped.  I got acne at 14 and am now 29.  It's only been the last year since I changed my diet that it started to clear.  I have even tried accutane at one point and it ultimately failed and my acne returned after a year.  Plus there were lots of negative side effects that I still deal with.

Removing gluten had the biggest impact on my face.  I'm not sure why gluten is so bad for acne but it caused major inflammation for me.  Basically anything with bread or wheat in it needs removed.  That includes cake, donuts, bagels, pies, etc.  Even a small amount can have a big impact on my skin so I have to avoid it entirely.

Dairy was also a big one for me.  It's difficult because dairy products taste amazing but it caused me lots of problems as well.  That includes ice cream, cheese, pies, milk, egg nog, chocolate, etc.  There are lots of dairy products out there that you have to read labels in able to avoid it entirely.  Even most candies have dairy.

Sugar is another one.  What I have found with sugar is that natural sugars found in natural products don't bother my skin.  I can eat fruits, vegetables, etc. that naturally have sugar in them without problems.  Anything with added sugar - especially high fructose corn syrup - needs avoided.  This includes soda of any kind, candy, most processed foods, basically anything in a grocery store or fast food that is not in the fresh produce section.  Again, read labels because even cans of beans or corn often times have high fructose corn syrup or added sugar.

Meat isn't as significant as the others but I believe it causes problems for me as well.  I avoid all meats and have replaced it with rice and quinoa as a filler in my foods.  Avoid alcohol as well.  I basically eat salads, rice with vegetables, and fruits and vegetables.  I also love juicing.

It's tough making big changes in diet, but basically raw vegan is what I would recommend searching on youtube or google to find recipes and advice.

I don't know if this will work for you or not, but it is the ONLY thing that has worked for me, and I have tried lots and lots of things.  So maybe give it a shot if you have no where else to turn and don't want to try accutane but certainly don't give up because your skin will clear at some point you just have to keep trying.  Let me know if you need some help with recipes or food ideas and I would be happy to share some advice.

On 11/10/2017 at 4:13 PM, Id_Rather_Be_Gaming said:

I'm not sure why gluten is so bad for acne but it caused major inflammation for me.

It's the effect of having too much yeast in your gut. You need to wash down those fungal relatives.