Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
december

Want to be on tane

I'm having to deal with about 7 cysts right now. I feel like I keep getting new ones every week. Two of the cysts are hyperpigmented as if they were bruises; they are pretty big - about 3 cm in diameter.

Now, I'm going to go see a derm this Wednesday. I've been feeling very low b/c of my face. The past few months have been very depressing because of my acne. I've had fights every day with my parents about this for the past few months. Acne is affecting my life terribly (for ex social life)

When I see my derm, I want to tell him/her that I want to be put on accutane; I want to get rid of this really badly. (BTW I'm 16.) I haven't been on any other medications except BP and Minocin; they didn't work. I think having 7 cysts makes me a good candidate for accutane. Don't you?

If he/she decides that I'm a candidate for accutane, how much will I have to actually wait until I take my first pill. Let me clarify. I want to know how long it will be from the appointment to my first pill. (Like blood test and stuff like that.) I can't wait much longer. I've been living with this many cysts for the past 3 months. Even an estimate will be greatly appreciated!!!

Yea I'm in that "inbetween" phase. I got my blood drawn last friday and they said book an appointment for 1 week later. I'm goin in this upcoming friday to get my prescription biggrin.gif

good luck!

I too was very worried that I wouldn't be put on Accutane. The reason is because I'm clear right now with some occasional breakouts and I have oil issues. Just last week I posted here because I was terrified that I wouldn't be able to take Accutane because I do not have moderate acne....or even mild. But, I get occasional breakouts that leave red marks and have social problems.....

I just went to the derm this weekend and I told him about the topicals I used from doctors and the store. I told him that my social life was horrible because it was very embarassing to let people see my scars. Now the reason my derm put me on Accutane is because I have an oil problem and when I breakout it leaves a red mark. So basically he feared of future breakouts, red marks, and my oil problem since I"m prone to cystic acne.

Don't worry about if the derm is going to give you Accutane or not. If I got Accutane basically anyone can because I have clear skin with oil problems. Also the key point is to find a derm that cares and is willing to give you Accutane. My derm was very understanding and very helpful. He gave me 3 options....topicals, antibiotics, and Accuante. He respected my wish and he's going to give me Accutane.

Don't worry ok? If your derm isn't understanding and doesn't respect your wish.....find another derm.

Good Luck,

JiN

I think for guys it should be faster compared to females.

I asked for tane last Monday, they gave me some reading material. Then I needed another appt to sign the consent form. Then get blood test and pick up prescription from the derm office. It took one week, but the only bottleneck was getting appts at the derm. If you can get it without delays it should take no more than a week.

My appointment is tomorrow! Also, my girlfriend's birthday! (Sorry, very irrelevant) I'm going to ask for accutane straight out. I want to get rid of this acne!

I love this site. People here are very supportive. Thank you for all your advice, and I'll let you guys know a.s.a.p!

Once again, I want to say that I absolutely love this site!

Males have to have a lipid test and a liver function test before they can start TAKING the medication. Lipid tests your cholestorol level and liver funtion .. well tests your liver function lol. Girls have to have 3 pregnancy test failures before they can start on it. This is in the US.

And yes you are a very good canidate for Accutane. Cystic Acne is the main form of acne that Accutane is perscribed for. Accutane is definately your best bet. Hang in there and remember even if you dont get it IMMEDIATELY that 4-5 months out of your life to cure your acne is nothing compared to having it beat for life.

Hey,

Good luck at your appointment. I'm sure you will get Accutane...no doubt. You and I probably will start taking Accutane at the same time since I need to get my blood tested. My derm said I will get Accutane before x-mas....guaranteed! Just hope for the best...and uh no initial breakout....lol

~JiN

I'm getting on accutane next week. Oral antibiotics just quit working and I've had 2 or 3 cysts at a time for the past 6 weeks. It sucks, rahr.

eusa_pray.gif :pleaseworkpleaseworkpleasework:

One of my cysts on my face popped today. All the nasty stuff in there oozed out. Gross. It looks like a bruise now. cry.gif

Oh yeah, I want the initial breakout to happen over the christmas break. So I won't have to deal with the initial breakout while in school.

My face hurts... the cysts are just killing me. Accutane, here I come.

Oh, I have a question. I'm gonna be getting roaccutane from Korea. (Yes, I'm from there, but I live in the states) My dad has already bought 3 bottles of 10mg x 100 caps, and he's going to send them to me in the US tomorrow. THe question: Roaccutane and accutane are the same, right? So if the derm prescribes me to take, say, 60mg a day, I could take 3 pills in the morning and 3 at night, right? They'll work just as well, right?

I'm doing this b/c I just can't afford accutane from a pharmacy in the US. TOO PRICEY!

THX in advance for your answers!

Roaccutane is the same thing as Accutane. It's just named differently because overseas it's called Roaccutane and in the states Accutane.

As for the dosage....it just depends. I would ask your derm just in case. Ask if it's ok to take 3 in the morning and 3 at night.

Medications in Korea are soo much cheaper aren't they. I moved from Korea LONG LONG ago...haha. I wish I can get Accutane cheaper from Korea. Did you just get them from the Pharmacy in Korea or the derm? I know you can just walk in the Pharmacy and get medications. I did that with acne creams and allergy pills. I would like to know.....because I would like to get them cheaply as well. It's insane how much it is here in the states. Do you know how much your dad payed? I might just ask my family to send some...hehe!

AHh too much....

~JiN

I had the appointment and in that appointment the dermatologist gave me the prescription for accutane. That was a Friday. I had a blood test the following Monday, and on the next Thursday I phoned up the derm and asked if the results were ok, and he said yes and I went on it that day. So it was 7 days for me.

edit: oh i didnt read all the messages, looks like you have the accutane already. good luck!!

Heh. In my case the derm couldn't get my on it fast enough! I did go there with photos of myself, but my face is relatively clear atm. However, my chest is messed up pretty big. He also prescribed me a load of Erythromycin to 'help deal with the initial breakout'.

We'll see, I still have to go for my blood test.

Roaccutane is the same thing as Accutane.  It's just named differently because overseas it's called Roaccutane and in the states Accutane.

As for the dosage....it just depends.  I would ask your derm just in case.  Ask if it's ok to take 3 in the morning and 3 at night. 

Medications in Korea are soo much cheaper aren't they.  I moved from Korea LONG LONG ago...haha.  I wish I can get Accutane cheaper from Korea.  Did you just get them from the Pharmacy in Korea or the derm?  I know you can just walk in the Pharmacy and get medications.  I did that with acne creams and allergy pills.  I would like to know.....because I would like to get them cheaply as well.  It's insane how much it is here in the states.  Do you know how much your dad payed?  I might just ask my family to send some...hehe!

AHh too much....

~JiN

anybody can get accutane especially here in canada, but i never even got a blood test this time around before i got my prescription like i did my first course of tane. So that kinda makes me nervous but i due have one scheduled in 4 weeks, i hope that is alrite.